Changes to the site this week:
- INTERNAL: Lots of optimization work on speeding up the creation of a new message search index.
- SYSADMIN: Built a new search cluster with additional needed capacity.
- BUGFIX: When exporting an event with RSVPs that allow additional guests, show the additional guest numbers.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a database connection error with the Elasticsearch importer that was waking me up at 3am the last couple of nights. Zzzzzz.
- CHANGE: Subscription Options and Muting & Following updates in the help (thanks Shal and J!).
- NEW: Treat 'Cvp:' as the same as Re: in message subjects (it's Turkish).
- CHANGE: Condensed HTML message footers.
- CHANGE: For groups not set to reply to group, display the receiver's email address in the footer.
- CHANGE: Do not permit group names that begin or end in dash.
- BUGFIX: The display of groups in the 'Your Groups' dropdown could sometimes be wrong on the home page, based on how you were sorting that page.
- BUGFIX: Use the subgroup direct add message for direct adds. Previously we were erroneously using the parent group direct add message and ignoring any subgroup direct add messages.
- CHANGE: For transfers of groups with more than 100,000 messages, we ask for a year's premium subscription. Otherwise, we'll transfer the 100,000 most recent messages.
- BUGFIX: In the transfer interface, improved handling of how we scrape Yahoo Groups in different languages.
Have a good weekend everybody.