Changes to the site this week:
- CHANGE: Removed the list of public subgroups from the group home page, as it's a duplicate of what is shown in the Subgroups tab (which also has a better display of them).
- CHANGE: Added more 'Sent from my ' lines to automatically strip.
- SYSADMIN: Upgraded the second web server for more capacity.
- SYSADMIN: Moved one of the two Groups.io DNS servers to a different data center, for redundancy in case our main data center goes off-line.
- INTERNAL: Moved the final part of the system, messages to karld, off the Redis-based queue and onto a nsq-based queue.
- BUGFIX: I mispeled the word committed in several places.
- SYSADMIN: Upgraded the backup database instance to double the memory/disk because we ran out of disk.
- BUGFIX: There was a deadlock when two users viewed the same group calendar at the same time.
- BUGFIX: Editing one event in a repeating event series created extra events.
- NEW: 'All Posts By This Member' in group profile pages.
- NEW: When a user changes their email address to an address taken by an account with no subs (or subbed just to updates@), we now let them take over that email address.
- NEW: Moderators can now change members' email addresses.
- NEW: Moderators can now edit members' signatures.
- CHANGE: More updates to the Yahoo Group transfer process after I learned that many groups do not accept -subscribe email requests.
Have a good weekend everybody.