Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance this evening, starting at Midnight Pacific Time (8AM Friday 1/19 UTC), for about an hour.
Changes to the site this week:
- CHANGE: Moved expired topic from a member activity to a message activity.
- CHANGE: Cleaned up the account billing page.
- INTERNAL: Fixed internal esstreamer process to be able to deal with null columns.
- NEW: An event can now have an event organizer.
- NEW: With RSVPs, you can now request additional information from attendees.
- NEW: You can specify a message that is sent to people who respond yes to events.
- NEW: You can now lock an event, preventing people from changing their responses.
- NEW: You can now sort RSVPs by either who responded first, or alphabetically by name.
- CHANGE: Reformatted the Add Event page to be more consistent with the rest of the site.
- INTERNAL: Rearchitected how we page through topics to make that process much faster.
- SYSADMIN: Added another web server to deal with the new extra load.
- SYSADMIN: Changed our deployment procedures to not upgrade all web servers at exactly the same time, so that hopefully no one experiences the kittens during a simple upgrade.
- CHANGE: In the Files section, always show the New Folder and Upload File buttons but disable them if you can't do those actions.
Have a good weekend everybody.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.