Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

• BUGFIX: Hopefully fix the weird feed event time discrepancy bug.
  • APP: Work on a new version of the app utilizing the website templates instead of React Native.
  • INTERNAL: More work on converting templates to quicktemplate.
  • CHANGE: Added a breadcrumb bar to the group calendar page.
  • SYSADMIN: Upgraded the load balancer nodes to dedicated CPU instances.

The next #changelog will be published on Friday, January 8, 2021. Part of the time I will be on holiday, but the rest I will be focusing on the long lamented app. I had hired a firm to develop an app, as a separate program from the code that runs Groups.io. That meant that any change I wished to make to the website would also have to be made to the app. I was unhappy with how this was developing, so I spent some time recently figuring out how to develop an app using the code that already runs the Groups.io website. In this scenario, I would only have to make a change in one place, and I would not have to worry about the website and the app getting out of sync with different changes. I've figured out how to do this, and am now focused on finishing up the (new, new) app. As part of this, I may be tweaking some parts of the mobile website.

As is the case when I am on holiday, I will still be monitoring the site, but support email responses may be slower than normal.

Take care everyone, and happy holidays!

Mark

Join updates@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.