Topics

Was: Brock Holt's cycle / Is: Karen's broken leg+

Lisa Maxwell

Poor Karen!

I’m so sorry to hear this and hope that she is able to find a way to become mobile enough to go home soon.

Best,

Lisa

From: uglyfoxfriends@groups.io <uglyfoxfriends@groups.io> On Behalf Of Otto
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:39 PM
To: Tom Thomas <tom.montague.thomas@...>; uglyfoxfriends@groups.io
Subject: Re: [uglyfoxfriends] Brock Holt's cycle

Yoho!

I started out writing this message to TT in response to a fun baseball topic, but realize it is mostly about Karen's current horrible injury and so I am copying the group.

Karen says Hi from her bed in rehab for her obvious heroin, crack and meth addictions -- 8-)  (That was a shocker part for TT's and other "guy's" amusement.)

No, she hooked her foot under the opening beneath the antique cherry dresser in our bedroom on her way to the bathroom, and not only broke her right tibia but also wiped out her ankle and the related tendons. ARGH!!! After the ER staff couldn't get her up on crutches about eight hours later she was sent to the local rehab place where she has been for the past four days, with no end in sight. Today, they tried to get her to go up enough stairs so that she could come home, but she's not able to do that yet.

It's a horrific injury, and may require surgery. I'm working on finding and having installed the needed grab bars and other mobility-related gear. Thank goodness we still have the safety gate at the top of the stairs! We'll now have to take the padding off and make it a positive latch once again. I thought the gate that protected our toddler children was going to be for some future grandchildren, but now it's purpose is much more immediate.

Meanwhile, this sucks!!!

Anyway, Karen and I are back to our old courting days, watching TV together across distance by phone. It was much more expensive back in the 80s, but our separation was much more expansive too. Phone calls are much less expensive now, but just like then, I just want her next to me. Some of you might remember that Karen and I fell in love watching "Moonlighting", but tonight it was just the storied Red Raiders vs. the mighty Horned Frogs. It still worked, in the way it always has. 8-)

She's allergic to flowers, so please just think happy thoughts and send an e-mail.  (I can't even bring her a red rose anymore! Argh!) Her private email is: karenkunz@....

The Physical Terrorist told us that it could be a week or more before she can come home. Here's hoping he's wrong! (He's probably right, though. This is a particularly bad injury, and while most of you are exactly as young as you used to be, some of us are not.)

Love and hugs to everyone there from everyone here,

Otto and Karen

============================
Otto Kunz
Tax Credit Advisors LLC
508-842-3232
http://www.taxcreditadvisors.com
"Try to be a little nicer." - AH

On 10/9/2018 10:23 AM, Tom Thomas wrote:

Ahoy!

I watched the game with old friend Rick Bedore, a cost accountant from National Blank Book who recently retired and moved to Granby, about a mile away from my house.

The loss was the by the largest margin for any Yankmee team in post-season play ever.

Holt’s homer was hit off of a position player, not a pitcher, as was Henry Aaron’s 600th HR.

The majors set a record this season for using the most position players as pitchers ever! Yes, this even with most teams carrying eleven pitchers for most of the season. Of course, we are old enough to remember a time when there were long relievers who worked more than one inning per outing.

Great seeing you folks at the Big E this year, I’m already looking forward to seeing you at Deb’s place for Q.

Best to Karen.

Tom 

Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:57:26 AM
To: tom thomas
Subject: Brock Holt's cycle

Yoho!

You have no idea how very much I wanted to call you just now. Before that, I wanted to call my Dad.

BROCK HOLT JUST HIT FOR THE CYCLE! IN YANKEE STADIUM!! IT'S THE FIRST CYCLE IN POST-SEASON HISTORY!!!

As you know, Brock has been my favorite Sox player since Psycho Lyons -- I love the guys who make it on work, versatility and heart, rather than simple talent. (I wonder why?)

Dad always saw Brock as a spare part, and didn't usually start him when he penciled in  his armchair-managed team. I, on the other hand, have always been a big fan, and probably wouldn't have traded for Kinsler, good leather or no. (The Kinsler acquisition was a good one, I just wouldn't have made it.)

One neat thing about this event is that the last guy to hold my attention like this, Steve Lyons, had actually played all 9 positions in one game in the minors, and later pitched a shutout inning for the Sox in a laffer against the Tigers, facing 5 batters and striking out one. OK, it was Rob Deere, but it still counts! 8-) Psycho's lifetime ERA is very respectable at 3.00!

If I remember correctly, Psycho had a season with Boston in which he hit 2 home runs at Fenway, and both of them were into the right field bullpen against different Seattle right fielders, and at least one of them was off the glove.

Whatever happens tomorrow will happen. Meanwhile, Houston native Brock Holt is the first player to ever hit for the cycle in the post season!

I know Roy Halladay threw a no-no in 2010 in the NLDS, so Don Larsen's perfect game is no longer the only no hitter. Of course, that wasn't in the WS.

Best,

Otto

-- 
Otto Kunz
Tax Credit Advisors LLC
508-842-3232

Harry

Oh my!  So sorry this happened to Karen!  We send hugs and positive energy to you both!!

On Oct 12, 2018, at 6:05 AM, Lisa Maxwell <Lisa@...> wrote:

Poor Karen!

I’m so sorry to hear this and hope that she is able to find a way to become mobile enough to go home soon.

Best,

Lisa

From: uglyfoxfriends@groups.io <uglyfoxfriends@groups.io> On Behalf Of Otto
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:39 PM
To: Tom Thomas <tom.montague.thomas@...>; uglyfoxfriends@groups.io
Subject: Re: [uglyfoxfriends] Brock Holt's cycle

Yoho!

I started out writing this message to TT in response to a fun baseball topic, but realize it is mostly about Karen's current horrible injury and so I am copying the group.

Karen says Hi from her bed in rehab for her obvious heroin, crack and meth addictions -- 8-)  (That was a shocker part for TT's and other "guy's" amusement.)

No, she hooked her foot under the opening beneath the antique cherry dresser in our bedroom on her way to the bathroom, and not only broke her right tibia but also wiped out her ankle and the related tendons. ARGH!!! After the ER staff couldn't get her up on crutches about eight hours later she was sent to the local rehab place where she has been for the past four days, with no end in sight. Today, they tried to get her to go up enough stairs so that she could come home, but she's not able to do that yet.

It's a horrific injury, and may require surgery. I'm working on finding and having installed the needed grab bars and other mobility-related gear. Thank goodness we still have the safety gate at the top of the stairs! We'll now have to take the padding off and make it a positive latch once again. I thought the gate that protected our toddler children was going to be for some future grandchildren, but now it's purpose is much more immediate.

Meanwhile, this sucks!!!

Anyway, Karen and I are back to our old courting days, watching TV together across distance by phone. It was much more expensive back in the 80s, but our separation was much more expansive too. Phone calls are much less expensive now, but just like then, I just want her next to me. Some of you might remember that Karen and I fell in love watching "Moonlighting", but tonight it was just the storied Red Raiders vs. the mighty Horned Frogs. It still worked, in the way it always has. 8-)

She's allergic to flowers, so please just think happy thoughts and send an e-mail.  (I can't even bring her a red rose anymore! Argh!) Her private email is: karenkunz@....

The Physical Terrorist told us that it could be a week or more before she can come home. Here's hoping he's wrong! (He's probably right, though. This is a particularly bad injury, and while most of you are exactly as young as you used to be, some of us are not.)

Love and hugs to everyone there from everyone here,

Otto and Karen

Otto Kunz
Tax Credit Advisors LLC
508-842-3232

On 10/9/2018 10:23 AM, Tom Thomas wrote:

Ahoy!

I watched the game with old friend Rick Bedore, a cost accountant from National Blank Book who recently retired and moved to Granby, about a mile away from my house.

The loss was the by the largest margin for any Yankmee team in post-season play ever.

Holt’s homer was hit off of a position player, not a pitcher, as was Henry Aaron’s 600th HR.

The majors set a record this season for using the most position players as pitchers ever! Yes, this even with most teams carrying eleven pitchers for most of the season. Of course, we are old enough to remember a time when there were long relievers who worked more than one inning per outing.

Great seeing you folks at the Big E this year, I’m already looking forward to seeing you at Deb’s place for Q.

Best to Karen.

Tom 

<image001.png>

Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:57:26 AM
To: tom thomas
Subject: Brock Holt's cycle

Yoho!

You have no idea how very much I wanted to call you just now. Before that, I wanted to call my Dad.

BROCK HOLT JUST HIT FOR THE CYCLE! IN YANKEE STADIUM!! IT'S THE FIRST CYCLE IN POST-SEASON HISTORY!!!

As you know, Brock has been my favorite Sox player since Psycho Lyons -- I love the guys who make it on work, versatility and heart, rather than simple talent. (I wonder why?)

Dad always saw Brock as a spare part, and didn't usually start him when he penciled in  his armchair-managed team. I, on the other hand, have always been a big fan, and probably wouldn't have traded for Kinsler, good leather or no. (The Kinsler acquisition was a good one, I just wouldn't have made it.)

One neat thing about this event is that the last guy to hold my attention like this, Steve Lyons, had actually played all 9 positions in one game in the minors, and later pitched a shutout inning for the Sox in a laffer against the Tigers, facing 5 batters and striking out one. OK, it was Rob Deere, but it still counts! 8-) Psycho's lifetime ERA is very respectable at 3.00!

If I remember correctly, Psycho had a season with Boston in which he hit 2 home runs at Fenway, and both of them were into the right field bullpen against different Seattle right fielders, and at least one of them was off the glove.

Whatever happens tomorrow will happen. Meanwhile, Houston native Brock Holt is the first player to ever hit for the cycle in the post season!

I know Roy Halladay threw a no-no in 2010 in the NLDS, so Don Larsen's perfect game is no longer the only no hitter. Of course, that wasn't in the WS.

Best,

Otto

-- 
Otto Kunz
Tax Credit Advisors LLC
508-842-3232