From: Tom <tom.montague.thomas@...>
Date: 10/25/18 4:01 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Ugly Fox <uglyfoxfriends@...>, uglyfoxfriends@groups.io
Subject: [uglyfoxfriends] Ahmet

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rich

I wasn't planning on attending the RG, but I will be there for the memorial.

-rich

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM EmilyG <ERGordon@...> wrote:
I saw John's announcement on fb. I expect to be there.

Em

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lisa Maxwell

Phil and I were also not planning to attend, but are now making arrangements to attend the RG, so that we can be there for Friday’s memorial and to be with all of you.

Best,

Lisa

Lisa Maxwell

Lisa@...

M: 617-335-1484

--

Otto

Hi, Tom,

Thanks for the message. This is terrible news. Karen and I send our deepest sympathies.

I may be able to get to the service, but won't be able to stay for the gathering. What time is the service?

Also, what happened? Are there any details about his passing? I can look up an obituary but I don't remember how to spell his surname, and don't know where he was living lately.

L&H to everyone,

Otto and Karen

============================
Otto Kunz
Tax Credit Advisors LLC
508-842-3232
http://www.taxcreditadvisors.com
"Try to be a little nicer." - AH
============================
On 10/25/2018 4:01 PM, Tom wrote:

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rich

It's won't be a service; just an informal remembrance gathering of friends. At 9 PM in the "Board Room".

-rich

On 10/25/2018 4:01 PM, Tom wrote:

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Paul Mailman

Ahmet (Buharali) had, if I recall correctly, non-Hodgkins lymphoma. This was his third bout that I'm aware of. His last round of treatment was a Hail Mary. Apparently it was not successful.

Before his relapse, Ahmet and Danielle had been happily living on their boat, last I knew moored in Winthrop. When he had to go in for treatment, they moved to or near Framingham where was undergoing treatment.

I am assuming that this memorial is a Mensa only thing given Ahmet's long history in the chapter, and I'm assuming there will be something else organized for friends and family. I heard from Bill Hees who was told by Danielle. He said he'd pass on whatever he heard about arrangements, and I've so far heard nothing from him.

On 10/25/2018 4:01 PM, Tom wrote:

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lynne Masters-Lee

Son of a ... (stomping my feet and punching walls in frustration). Hadn't checked in on him on FB for over a week and didn't know how poorly he was feeling. At least I could see that no one had given up on him.
I'm obviously not going to get to memorial, but have marked it on my phone calendar and will be with everyone in spirit.
Please convey my condolences to Danielle.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:01 PM Tom <tom.montague.thomas@...> wrote:

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ken

I wasn’t planning to go to the RG either, and unfortunately, I can’t simply drop by for Friday evening.
Please give a hug to Danielle on my behalf, if she attends.

On Thursday, October 25, 2018, 5:48 PM, Rich <rhsatrhs@...> wrote:

I wasn't planning on attending the RG, but I will be there for the memorial.

-rich

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM EmilyG <ERGordon@...> wrote:
I saw John's announcement on fb. I expect to be there.

Em

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

I just heard about Ahmet’s passing. There will be a Memorial at the RG Friday evening.

Tom

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Ken

Did Danielle come by?

Rich

No, but Laura Micelli captured the whole thing on video and I believe the plan is to edit it down for Danielle.

-rich

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 7:56 AM Ken via Groups.Io <kenghimself=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Did Danielle come by?