POLL: should we merge the IBC User Group back into this group? #poll

The IBC User Group at https://groups.io/g/ibcontroller group was created in May 2016 to have a place where matters specifically relating to IBC could be discussed. Before that, such things were discussed on this Group. I felt that this was a good idea because the TWS API group can get very busy at times, with lots of posts on subjects that may be of no interest to IBC users.

I've been considering whether it might be better to resort to the original situation, ie close the IBC User Group and revert to all discussions about IBC being in this group. My personal preference is to keep the IBC User Group, but I'd be interested to hear your opinions. So please take a moment to respond to this poll. I'll come to a decision at the end of this week, so please respond not later than Friday 23 March.

Here's the question:

SHOULD THE IBC USER GROUP REMAIN SEPARATE FROM THE TWS API USERS GROUP?

Results

A "poll" in my humble opinion, is much more useful when you able to describe your reasoning for the choice you made.  Unfortunately, this is not a feature of most polling solutions.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 7:52 AM, Richard L King <rlking@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

[...]

1. YES - keep the separate IBC User Group
2. NO - close the IBC User Group
3. I DON'T CARE - I'm happy either way

Vote Now

I entirely agree with you, but we don’t have that option with the groups.io poll feature. And with about 7000 members in the group, I’d be hard pressed to analyse that many opinions if everybody responded, which of course they won’t. I just need to get some idea: if it’s overwhelmingly in one direction, I’ll respect that, if not I’ll leave things as they are.