Tsukuba Walking and Mountaineering Club (TWMC) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tsukuba Walking and Mountaineering Club is for anyone interested in walking and mountaineering in Japan. The club is based in Tsukuba City in Ibaraki and organises walks and other activities year-round.
TWMC is a very diverse group with both overseas residents and Japanese members. We also welcome short-term visitors to Tsukuba. Its a great way to meet people! The club began in 1998 and offers a range of hiking and cultural activities. Our hikes include everything from easy family-friendly walks to challenging weekend expeditions in the Japanese Alps. Hikes frequently conclude with a soak in the nearest onsen (natural hot spring spa). There are also opportunities to experience Japanese culture with activities such as outdoor sumi-e painting, soba-uchi (handmade noodles) and indigo dying. There are also more informal social activities including bbqs and parties. There is a regular Wednesday night get together at Hot-Stuff in Ninomiya, Tsukuba.
There is no formal membership and no regular membership fee; you automatically become a member by joining one of the hikes. To cover the cost of maps and club equipment we do, however, ask hike participants to pay a club fee of 300 Yen for daytrips and 500 Yen for longer walks.
Please join our list and find out more information about coming activities. We look forward to hearing from you !
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.