G32 Probe Cycle

Adrian Payne

Hello
I have successfully carried out the G32 cycle but no data file has been written. In jog mode the Alt O command writes to the points.dat file OK. Have I missed a setting somewhere?
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Art Eckstein

Adrian,
My G32 points.dat file with no problems.

Haven't done it in a while so I would have to go back and give it a try to see what might be happening.

Country

At 1/24/2022 03:50 PM, Adrian Payne via groups.io wrote:
Hello
I have successfully carried out the G32 cycle but no data file has been written. In jog mode the Alt O command writes to the points.dat file OK. Have I missed a setting somewhere?
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Adrian Payne

Hello Art
Many thanks for getting back to me.
Just a thought, I only tried this in midi mode. Might it have to be run as a program. Can't test it just now.
Adrian.

Adrian Payne

Tried today as a run program but still no luck. Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Art Eckstein

post a sample code of what isn't working and I will see if I can duplicate your problem or suggest how to make it work.

Country

At 1/26/2022 11:42 AM, Adrian Payne via groups.io wrote:
Tried today as a run program but still no luck. Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Adrian Payne

Many thanks for you taking the time to help me. It appears to have resolved itself!!! My only observation is that in both trials the points.dat file did not exist. It seems that G32 does not create the file but the Alt O command in jog mode does. So after I tried the Alt O to test it the G32 now works. Just my luck that I had a computer issue which meant re-installing a backup that was also missing the Points.dat file as well.
Once again many thanks.
Adrian.

Art Eckstein

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!
I am still amazed at how well this app works after all these years.  I have butchered modified mine to do various things.  It is so nice to have the source code so we can do this.

Country

At 1/26/2022 03:01 PM, Adrian Payne via groups.io wrote:
Many thanks for you taking the time to help me. It appears to have resolved itself!!! My only observation is that in both trials the points.dat file did not exist. It seems that G32 does not create the file but the Alt O command in jog mode does. So after I tried the Alt O to test it the G32 now works. Just my luck that I had a computer issue which meant re-installing a backup that was also missing the Points.dat file as well.
Once again many thanks.
Adrian.

James Newton

Hang on... the source for TurboCNC was released? I somehow missed that. Is there a repo with it somewhere? I did a search in his group for "open source" and "github" and came up short. Pardon me for asking, but can you point me to the source?

Adrian Payne

Source is available for those that have paid the licence fee.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 17:30, James Newton
<jamesnewton@...> wrote:
Hang on... the source for TurboCNC was released? I somehow missed that. Is there a repo with it somewhere? I did a search in his group for "open source" and "github" and came up short. Pardon me for asking, but can you point me to the source?

Art Eckstein

The source has been available to registered users for years. I got my first one back in version 3.?
As noted on the Order page of the web site:
< http://www.dakeng.com/order.html>

"Source code will be emailed to you - please supply an email address in the "optional instructions box.  All future versions are free upgrades for all programs. "

If your already a registered user, if you contact Dave, I am reasonably sure he will help you.

Country

22 12:30 PM, James Newton wrote:

Hang on... the source for TurboCNC was released? I somehow missed that. Is there a repo with it somewhere? I did a search in his group for "open source" and "github" and came up short. Pardon me for asking, but can you point me to the source?

Adrian Payne

Just done a 24 x 24 point cycle and it has come up with a clock error. Do you know what that might be.
Many thanks.
Adrian.

Adrian Payne

Another attempt with code:
G00 X0 Y0 Z0
G32 X24 Y24 Z-10.5 I1 F200
M02
M30
This time no error but no data saved again to POINTS.DAT
I appear to still have an issue.
Adrian.

Adrian Payne

G31 seems to work ok so written a routine to achieve the same result. Added advantage is that each point is written as it happens so if a crash or abort occurs then the points are already saved.
Works for now.
Adrian.