Topics

The Rocketry Show Podcast - #79: Personal “Project Apollo” analogy stories, and Airbrushing followup #showpodcast

therocketryshow@groups.io Integration <therocketryshow@...>

#79: Personal “Project Apollo” analogy stories, and Airbrushing followup

By LittleBeth Media

The team get together to talk rocket stories and some workshop talk with you on this episode. We talked about some of the entries seen [...]

J E Thompson

Thank you for sharing my "Project Apollo" stroy.  I was listening to your latest podcast while working on more rocket projects.  It is a great way to help stay motivated.  Thank you all for the great Podcasts.
The OROC prefect visted our club during the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary launch and it was a perfect day for the event: http://www.oregonrocketry.com/?page_id=9723

David Simmons

Thank you for your service John

On Aug 12, 2019, at 11:49 AM, J E Thompson <Thompsonje@...> wrote:

Thank you for sharing my "Project Apollo" stroy.  I was listening to your latest podcast while working on more rocket projects.  It is a great way to help stay motivated.  Thank you all for the great Podcasts.
The OROC prefect visted our club during the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary launch and it was a perfect day for the event: http://www.oregonrocketry.com/?page_id=9723

J E Thompson

It was a priveleage to serve. After that succesful launch, I deployed the next weekend for 9 months and it reached 140 degrees in country.  That weather was crazy.  I did launch the rocket once again after returning.  It was re-painted and launched up on a cluster of eleven 38mm CTI reload motors.  All successfully ignited.

J E Thompson

The club launched a rocket on a P motor several years ago and had to travel out of California in order to do that.  The New Mexico Prefect helped support the succesful launch.  The 250 pound rocket acieved 14,000 feet:

http://www.gorgerocketclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/The-Titan-Missile-Museum-in-Arizona.pdf