From: therocketryshow@groups.io <therocketryshow@groups.io> on behalf of Les Rayburn <les@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 3, 2019 1:18 PM
To: therocketryshow@groups.io <therocketryshow@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [therocketryshow] Bama Blastoff, who’s going?

Got my L2 at Bama Blastoff last year, and was interviewed by CG just moments after it came down about 50 feet from the pad. :-) That only added to the fun of the occasion.

It was great to meet CG and his lady friend at the event. Hope the Rocketry Show Crew can make it down this year as well.

Been to a few events over the years including an LDRS and a few large NAR events—honestly, Bama Blastoff was more fun than any of them. The field is great, landowners are super-nice and friendly, and the views are spectacular.

Can’t wait to go again this year. Plan to fly a lot of low-power and mid-power stuff. Just want to have fun and fly rockets. Zero pressure.

See you all there!

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Level 2-NAR #81057
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
(205) 253-4867
Birmingham Rocket Boys NAR Section 665
Huntsville Area Rocketry Association NAR Section 403
Phoenix Missile Works

“Actually, I’m a rocket engineer. I just build ‘em. You do the math.”

On Aug 3, 2019, at 3:16 AM, David Simmons <dave@...> wrote:

Ok, preregistration is open who’s going?  Already got approval from the flight director think I’m going to go for L1 out there.

It’s still a few months out, but any fans or anyone from the show planning on going?

Was cool running into CG last year.

On Oct 29, 2018, at 4:12 AM, David Simmons <dave@...> wrote:

Congrats Les, definitely an enjoyable event and worth the drive from Florida. Had folks from all over the southeast, and Scott Taylor from New Orleans drove in.

On Oct 28, 2018, at 3:26 PM, Les Rayburn <les@...> wrote:

Great to meet CG and Kelly yesterday at Bama Blastoff! He even interviewed me after my successful L2 flight, making an unforgettable experience even better.

Really great field, wonderful land owners, and a terrific event but on by all. Great to see the low power pads filled all day with youngsters, experiencing the same thrill that we all did as children in this hobby.

Several college teams showed up with amazing projects—and many earned their L1 and L2 certifications. Big rockets, spectacular CATO’s, and near picture-perfect blue October skies.

Events like this are what make rocketry great!

Really appreciate CG and Kelly making the long drive down South.

Join therocketryshow@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.