Looking for information on lineage of Van Goethem - born in 1896 in Gilly, Belgium

Van Goethem from Charleroi

All –

I have enjoyed belonging to this group as I have built out my ancestry, but I have come to a roadblock I hope you can help with.

Alphone Van Goethem was my grandfather, born in 1896 in Gilly, Belgium and died in 1991 in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. I am struggling to find information on his parents, grandparents, etc.

I do have his father (my great-grandfather) as:

Alphonse Van Goethem

B:16 March 1872 Belgium

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

B:18 Jan 1873 Charleroi, Hainaut, Belgium

but that is all of the details other than their date of death in the US. I am hoping to get information on their parents and back. I am also, trying to find any documents or information that helps provide more than just dates.

Sorry, for the large ask, but I have been stuck at this point for several years and looking for any clues or info to help.

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Regine Brindle

Hello Philip,

Here is the link to your grandfather's birth record.

You may have to register with familySearch but it's free.

Let me dig a little more.
Mieke might already be on this and she is much quicker than I am. either way, there is a good chance you will be put on the right track!

regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:03:48 AM EST, Van Goethem from Charleroi <philip.payne@...> wrote:

All –

I have enjoyed belonging to this group as I have built out my ancestry, but I have come to a roadblock I hope you can help with.

Alphone Van Goethem was my grandfather, born in 1896 in Gilly, Belgium and died in 1991 in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. I am struggling to find information on his parents, grandparents, etc.

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

but that is all of the details other than their date of death in the US. I am hoping to get information on their parents and back. I am also, trying to find any documents or information that helps provide more than just dates.

Sorry, for the large ask, but I have been stuck at this point for several years and looking for any clues or info to help.

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Regine Brindle

Alphonse Van Goethem was born 9 Aug 1899 in Gilly.
The record date says 10 August but inside the record it says he was born the day before (la veille) at 10am.
The father is 24y old so the marriage is likely not too far around this time.

Mieke is on it.  Just needs time to settle in with her family and she will get back to you.

You are in the best hands!

regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:15:25 AM EST, Regine Brindle via groups.io <babette602001@...> wrote:

Hello Philip,

Mieke might already be on this and she is much quicker than I am. either way, there is a good chance you will be put on the right track!

regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:03:48 AM EST, Van Goethem from Charleroi <philip.payne@...> wrote:

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Mieke

Marriage Van Goethem - Lebon number 87 06/07/1895 at Gilly. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9392-WNWW-D?i=917&cc=2138500&cat=660018

He is born at Leuven on 15/03/1872. Son of Antoine and Elisabeth Bergans both alive at Gilly.

She is also born at Gilly on 18/01/1873, daughter of Pierre Joseph and Virginie Miaux, both living at Gilly.

Op 1 feb. 2021 17:15 schreef "Regine Brindle via groups.io" <babette602001@...>:

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Thank you!

I was privileged to go with my Grandfather to Belgium, see the house his Father built, wish I wrote down the address, but I was 12 when visiting.

From: thebelgianresearchers@groups.io <thebelgianresearchers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Regine Brindle via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 11:41 AM
To: thebelgianresearchers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [thebelgianresearchers] Looking for information on lineage of Van Goethem - born in 1896 in Gilly, Belgium

Alphonse Van Goethem was born 9 Aug 1899 in Gilly.

The record date says 10 August but inside the record it says he was born the day before (la veille) at 10am.

The father is 24y old so the marriage is likely not too far around this time.

Mieke is on it.  Just needs time to settle in with her family and she will get back to you.

You are in the best hands!

regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:15:25 AM EST, Regine Brindle via groups.io <babette602001@...> wrote:

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Regine Brindle

Thank You Mieke!
Philip, when we are 12 we dont think about those things...
Regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 11:46:55 AM EST, Mieke <chatje80@...> wrote:

Marriage Van Goethem - Lebon number 87 06/07/1895 at Gilly. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9392-WNWW-D?i=917&cc=2138500&cat=660018

He is born at Leuven on 15/03/1872. Son of Antoine and Elisabeth Bergans both alive at Gilly.

She is also born at Gilly on 18/01/1873, daughter of Pierre Joseph and Virginie Miaux, both living at Gilly.

Op 1 feb. 2021 17:15 schreef "Regine Brindle via groups.io" <babette602001@...>:

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Thank you Regine and Mieke!

I hope this kickstarts my efforts in Ancestry.com, get past the sticking point. Seeing the marriage and birth records is wonderful!

Philip

From: thebelgianresearchers@groups.io <thebelgianresearchers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Regine Brindle via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [thebelgianresearchers] Looking for information on lineage of Van Goethem - born in 1896 in Gilly, Belgium

Thank You Mieke!

Regine

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Mieke

https://gw.geneanet.org/daimler?lang=en&n=van+goethem&oc=7&p=antonius 

Looks correct.

Grtz,

Mieke

Op 1 feb. 2021 17:53 schreef "Regine Brindle via groups.io" <babette602001@...>:

Thank You Mieke!
Regine

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Wow! Thank you, thank you!

From: thebelgianresearchers@groups.io <thebelgianresearchers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mieke via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 12:11 PM

Op 1 feb. 2021 17:53 schreef "Regine Brindle via groups.io" <babette602001@...>:

Thank You Mieke!

Regine

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Mieke

https://gw.geneanet.org/pdierinck1?lang=nl&pz=wendy+carol+claudine&nz=dierinck&p=alice&n=lebon 

Op 1 feb. 2021 17:46 schreef Mieke Van Belle <chatje80@...>:

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne

Regine Brindle

this information is not on Ancestry.com
FamilySearch and the archives is where you will need to follow thru and Mieke just mentioned that Geneanet.org has a tree you can link to and verify.

researching on these sites should never be limited to using the search engine.  Using the catalog you will find original records that may not have been indexed yet.
So in that case, looking at ""Tables" or annual indexes helps

Have fun

Regine

On Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:07:55 PM EST, Van Goethem from Charleroi <philip.payne@...> wrote:

Thank you Regine and Mieke!

I hope this kickstarts my efforts in Ancestry.com, get past the sticking point. Seeing the marriage and birth records is wonderful!

Philip

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 11:53 AM

Thank You Mieke!

Regine

Hello Philip,

regine

All –

Alphonse Van Goethem

his mother as:

Alice Lebon

Thank you in advance,

Philip Payne