Clue 9

nate roub

Allison Wonderland

As an FYI, I don't think it's a good idea to copy the post from a private group and post it to another group. They tend to get testy about that. I think it's ok if it was posted on the PP forum or if you yourself have the paper.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:14:25 PM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

nate roub

Ok

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:33 PM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As an FYI, I don't think it's a good idea to copy the post from a private group and post it to another group. They tend to get testy about that. I think it's ok if it was posted on the PP forum or if you yourself have the paper.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:14:25 PM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

Allison Wonderland

In this case I don't think it matters because no one knows what the heck it means anyway. Plus, Clue 9 is historically both hard to make sense of and totally useless.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:53:16 PM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

Ok

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:33 PM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As an FYI, I don't think it's a good idea to copy the post from a private group and post it to another group. They tend to get testy about that. I think it's ok if it was posted on the PP forum or if you yourself have the paper.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:14:25 PM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

Archie Pickerign

I'm helpless at anagrams -

Its dug to hell but something did intrigue me, "treasure waits so alone" - other than perhaps being a reference to Silver, and Silverwood being the only Ramsey County park in the three rivers system, perhaps there something more physical?

When someone arrived at the camp they arrived at an entrance in the NW part of what is now the park that does not exist any longer. It was slightly east of where 30th intersects with county rd E and is marked by the black chain fence being a gate, rather than a fence now. Heres a higher res aerial from 2006, though I assure the entrance is visible on aerials going back

Here is what it looks like now

and here is what the entrance looked like shortly after the purchase by the park district in 2007

You'll notice some cool stone pillars, and then some taller stone pillars further inside./ the lower stone pillars at the fore, seem to have been part of a fence system that is no longer there, here's a historical image of what I believe were the taller pillars - taken in the 20's(?)

The pillars are all gone it seems, save for one at the corner of Stinson and County Road E - stands alone? I was there but bupkis so far...

Archie Pickerign

slightly east of 32nd - pardon me

April + Katelyn

Has anyone looked at Treasure Island park? There's a Marathon gas station called Lucky's station #6, lots of holy surroundings, and Warick the street turns up a lot of music hits. Plus the Nile street runs nearby. Good luck!

nate roub

Great pictures and good info

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 9:08 AM April + Katelyn <Info.av8tr@...> wrote:
Has anyone looked at Treasure Island park? There's a Marathon gas station called Lucky's station #6, lots of holy surroundings, and Warick the street turns up a lot of music hits. Plus the Nile street runs nearby. Good luck!

dave pwcmn.com

Treasure Island is no more.  Replaced by a new play structure two years ago.  Not really a park, either, but part of Expo School.