Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Archie Pickerign

Starting to feel like the ol red herring hunt maybe just started to reveal itself.

Stuff here still works for silverwood - but it’s moving a bit away IMO.

Legions refers to an army it seems maybe the Salvation Army…but

“Legions/Regions” rather than “legion/region” is entirely unnecessary unless they were pointing to two “regional” parks occupying closely - eg vadnais snail or say HF/Crosby

Two weeks is a “Fort”nite after all.

If it is down there- we will go the distance I imagine- lots of ground, lots of snow.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 12:45 AM Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Clue #8
If saving souls is among your goals
Then this hunt is for you
Bring your legions to these regions
And stay a week or two

Clue #7
Scale the heights, look for the brights
Where nature inspires the arts
Is it life eternal or heat infernal
That strikes at your heart of hearts?

Clue #6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Mike Flipp

Salvation Army really fits.

A Legion is said to be many, a roman army of 6000. Some say 3000-6000. The Swine were 2000 in number for the unclean legion of spirits that entered the swine.
For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 11Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 12:59:32 AM CST, Archie Pickerign <acpickerign@...> wrote:

[...]

From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Allison Wonderland

Thanks for posting this. I fell asleep before the clue came out. But I would say this is definitely the Salvation Army clue referring to Silverwood.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 01:06:16 AM CST, Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn@...> wrote:

[...]

From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Eicemann

Agreed. It appears that we can interpret the clues more literally than in most years.

An anagram for marathon is Roman hat.  IDK if it means anything, but seems a curious tie to legions in Clue 8?
Another is MN oat rah = CHEERios!? LOL.  Still another is at no harm = Search, don't destroy

Archie Pickerign

My wife the good catholic reminded me that St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost things- which is quite fitting for the hunt.

Eicemann

I'm starting to think that many of the clues with a numerical equivalent are referring to stops on the Sculpture Tour.  A week =7 days --> Stop 7.  "Circle of stones" also maps to Stop 7.
Two weeks = 14 days --> Stop 14.  That piece is titled Still = "stay"?
Delta is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet --> Stop 4 = flood.
Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet --> Stop 15 = heart of hearts? Located in upper middle of perimeter formed by the other tour stops.
I think I'm onto something here with the tour stop numbers... just can't quite decide where best to dig.

Eicemann

"goals" is another hockey reference.  "Strap on your mask" in Clue 1

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

Good one! With St.Anthony!
RR on mapguys book refers to a sign that states “Three Rivers Park District Boundary Ordinance Enforced”.  Maybe this was the rhyme reference?
“Spring from the mud” could mean a muddy trail or unpaved
The #2 poem closer to lake shore and closer to Silver Lake Road by the picnic table and fishing pier
references: deep into the night
                   transported to tranquility
                   guided by wisdom’s gentle voices
                   warn against illusions-test heart’s truth
                   mysteries veil of past and future
                   Ancestors of the North
       *these are lines from the poem that you can listen to when you take the tour.

I think the island is wrong to be looking on

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 8:54 AM, Archie Pickerign <acpickerign@...> wrote:

My wife the good catholic reminded me that St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost things- which is quite fitting for the hunt.

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

Great noodle!!! That’s what I was trying to figure out with the art! Where the clues lined up and where to dig

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 9:31 AM, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

I'm starting to think that many of the clues with a numerical equivalent are referring to stops on the Sculpture Tour.  A week =7 days --> Stop 7.  "Circle of stones" also maps to Stop 7.
Two weeks = 14 days --> Stop 14.  That piece is titled Still = "stay"?
Delta is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet --> Stop 4 = flood.
Omicron is the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet --> Stop 15 = heart of hearts? Located in upper middle of perimeter formed by the other tour stops.
I think I'm onto something here with the tour stop numbers... just can't quite decide where best to dig.

@alfabob

I've been out of touch for a while, but after reading the posts on the clues, what makes sense is Silverwood Park. I don't have a car, so will not be out looking, but I have a friend who goes on walks frequently in Silverwood Park and she mentioned she sometimes goes 'forest bathing' there. But, the clue says "far from the path that leads to a bath' which would mean, maybe, on the opposite side of the park. There are maps on the Silverwood Park web site that I've posted here. You can click on pdf's for the poetry and sculpture map and the Nature and forest bathing map. The web site puts Silverwood Park in St. Anthony, but St Anthony is partially in Ramsey County and part in Hennepin County. Silver Lake (Beach) park is connected to Silverwood Park, but is located in Columbia Heights, which I believe is in Anoka County at that point. So, I think the treasure would be located in open space ('out of the dark (not in the woods) so all alone') near the border of Silverwood Park and Silverlake Park. Maybe 'delta (d) to omicron (o)' means number of paces from the boundary or from some point in the clearing towards the boundary...'d' is the 4th letter,'o' is the 15th, so from 4 to 15 is 11 paces.
I've also included the link to a bit of history of the Salvation Army camp at Silver Lake.
Good luck to all!
https://www.threeriversparks.org/blog/walk-through-silverwood-park
https://www.threeriversparks.org/location/silverwood-park

@alfabob

https://www.threeriversparks.org/location/silverwood-park

nate roub

If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

nate roub

For those that don't think it's silver wood thoughts on clue 8...

Region = regional park
Legion = American legion
Stay a week or two  = ymca

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM nate roub via groups.io <Nprarmy11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

Allison Wonderland

If it's not at Silverwood, that's not a red herring. That's just outright lying.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:52:44 AM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

For those that don't think it's silver wood thoughts on clue 8...

Region = regional park
Legion = American legion
Stay a week or two  = ymca

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM nate roub via groups.io <Nprarmy11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

My guess on just that alone would be Kellogg Park because of its proximity to the Y

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:52 AM, nate roub <Nprarmy11@...> wrote:

For those that don't think it's silver wood thoughts on clue 8...

Region = regional park
Legion = American legion
Stay a week or two  = ymca

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM nate roub via groups.io <Nprarmy11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

leelabell

I agree with AW. When the clues scream a park and then the CW kinda fits then to another park, we lose all faith. Why bother hunting before the end of that is the case?

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 12:08 PM, Christine B via groups.io
<christinebeaupre@...> wrote:
My guess on just that alone would be Kellogg Park because of its proximity to the Y

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:52 AM, nate roub <Nprarmy11@...> wrote:

For those that don't think it's silver wood thoughts on clue 8...

Region = regional park
Legion = American legion
Stay a week or two  = ymca

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM nate roub via groups.io <Nprarmy11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

nate roub

Lakewood has a ymca at the park

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 12:08 PM Christine B via groups.io <christinebeaupre=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My guess on just that alone would be Kellogg Park because of its proximity to the Y

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:52 AM, nate roub <Nprarmy11@...> wrote:

For those that don't think it's silver wood thoughts on clue 8...

Region = regional park
Legion = American legion
Stay a week or two  = ymca

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022, 11:44 AM nate roub via groups.io <Nprarmy11=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you go off numbers eichmann posted about you get a cone shape

Eicemann

If it's NOT at Silverwood then I am DONE with this event in perpetuity.  I'll direct my attention instead to area Scavenger Hunts before, after & during the SPWC.  At least I know that CW won't outright lie to the participants.  ;-)

Eicemann

A heart split vertically yields 2 cones