Found?

Allison Wonderland

Hearing rumors of a find that I find credible.

Alex Valen

Yep, someone just sent me a picture. It's over.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 10:34 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hearing rumors of a find that I find credible.

Alex Valen

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 10:34 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hearing rumors of a find that I find credible.

Eicemann

ARRGH!  I was heading back there this afternoon to continue searching.  Couldn't get away from work this morning.  Guess I'll have to find something else to fill my afternoon off...

Allison Wonderland

On Monday, January 31, 2022, 10:50:07 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

ARRGH!  I was heading back there this afternoon to continue searching.  Couldn't get away from work this morning.  Guess I'll have to find something else to fill my afternoon off...

Michele Caldwell

David, Thanks for sharing this and being a driving force and champion of these awesome hunts! I love the adventure, opportunity, and choices. I am grateful for you! It's hard work and it does not go unnoticed!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 10:53 Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Monday, January 31, 2022, 10:50:07 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

ARRGH!  I was heading back there this afternoon to continue searching.  Couldn't get away from work this morning.  Guess I'll have to find something else to fill my afternoon off...

Archie Pickerign

Current Lot meaning over “flow lot” is a grrreaaat clue I 100% missed. Kudos to the finder.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 10:53 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Monday, January 31, 2022, 10:50:07 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

ARRGH!  I was heading back there this afternoon to continue searching.  Couldn't get away from work this morning.  Guess I'll have to find something else to fill my afternoon off...

Jill Ryan

Yes, found

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 11:33 AM Michele Caldwell <Hagb0002@...> wrote:
David, Thanks for sharing this and being a driving force and champion of these awesome hunts! I love the adventure, opportunity, and choices. I am grateful for you! It's hard work and it does not go unnoticed!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 10:53 Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Monday, January 31, 2022, 10:50:07 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

ARRGH!  I was heading back there this afternoon to continue searching.  Couldn't get away from work this morning.  Guess I'll have to find something else to fill my afternoon off...

Kristen

Everyone in this group had awesome thoughts and ideas to the clues this year making it a really fun hunt. Thanks David and everyone else!!!!

Michele Caldwell

I agree, Kristen! :)

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 11:36 Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
Everyone in this group had awesome thoughts and ideas to the clues this year making it a really fun hunt. Thanks David and everyone else!!!!

Allison Wonderland

I do apologize that this year I was just more of a contributor than an actual driving force given that I am pretty wrapped up in running the Scavenger Hunts. But the truth is my ideas are only sometimes helpful. The real power of this group is the cooperation and that is thanks to all of you. I don't feel like we got everything right this year, but I do feel like we had about as much as anyone else to go on. And that takes everyone throwing out ideas. Sometimes the crazy ideas end up being right or sometimes just right enough to trigger an idea that gets us on the right path. Sometimes shooting down wrong ideas helps solidify our ideas that may be right. So in the end, every post adds something. So thanks to all of you.

David

On Monday, January 31, 2022, 12:03:43 PM CST, Michele Caldwell <hagb0002@...> wrote:

I agree, Kristen! :)

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 11:36 Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
Everyone in this group had awesome thoughts and ideas to the clues this year making it a really fun hunt. Thanks David and everyone else!!!!

Michele Caldwell

Well said, David!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 12:12 Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Whitney Manning

I am a 2nd year hunter and I have now learned to take of work to go out and activily hunt. Before the explanations come out here are mine noodle thoughts as I think I was pretty spot on.

Clue 1:
From delta to omicron,
what a marathon.
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Explanation: a park far away from last years West Park (marathon) in a new park that its never been (freash)  delta omicron and Marathon values all add up to 45 which is the coordinate of the medallion. 4 + 15 + 26 = 45

Clue 2:
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Explanation: line 1 means the park closes at night so you need to go hunt early. 30s reference  30th st which is across from Silverwood.

Clue 3:
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone away from anything else.
Step out of the dark go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Explanation: a path that leads to a bath reference Silverwood's forest bathing path. The medallion is hidden by itself with nothing else near it where it is well lit up.

CLUE 4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in a block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Explanation: Silver became a hot item since COVID started. We also learn its hid in a at home test box frozen in a block of ice near  parking lot. (Lot)

Clue 5

When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border

Explaination: STILL is a sculpture name at Silverwood which is a park that is right on the border of Ramsey county. HID lights are used to light up parking lots. (Hid was used a lot)

Clue 6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time poetry trail and history trail at silverwood park
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you’ll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Explanation: line 1 references the poetry trail and history trail at silverwood. Stone circles and the flood are sculpture names. Raised Elevation is also referencing a sculpture. The last line references Wexford which was a town founded by the vikings translating to of the mud flats.

Clue 7
Scale the heights, look for the brights
Were nature inspires the arts
Is it life eternal or heat infernal
That strikes at your heart to hearts?

Explanation: its between Columbia Heights and New Brighton in a park that nature inspires art which is Silverwood's vision and it also host Shakespeare in the parks. The last line reference the Ylem sculpture that is also surrounds the Overflow lot.

Clue #8
Is referencing the Silverwood Army Camp.

Clue 9 I hadnt look at yet before it was found!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022, 11:36 AM Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
Everyone in this group had awesome thoughts and ideas to the clues this year making it a really fun hunt. Thanks David and everyone else!!!!

MNRed

Thank you David and everyone who posted. I’m always a little hesitant to post in case I’m way off and didn’t post an idea if it had already been posted. I love all the ideas and feel like I’m part of a group of like minded people who are just out to have fun. See you next year, on line and hopefully in the right park.

Eicemann

Is it safe to assume the Rehash Bash is on for Sun Feb 6?
Is this a potluck/BYOB affair?  I've never been... but I'd welcome the chance to meet you in person and to, er, discuss the clues and the hunt a bit more.  Yes, discuss is the word I'm gonna stick with, at least for now... Just let this CC newbie/wannabe know what to expect and what is expected of those attending.

Jon - ImprintItems

Will the finder be ther?

On Jan 31, 2022, at 7:40 PM, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

Is it safe to assume the Rehash Bash is on for Sun Feb 6?
Is this a potluck/BYOB affair?  I've never been... but I'd welcome the chance to meet you in person and to, er, discuss the clues and the hunt a bit more.  Yes, discuss is the word I'm gonna stick with, at least for now... Just let this CC newbie/wannabe know what to expect and what is expected of those attending.

Eicemann

I just realized that the Pre-Dig Gig was a virtual gathering.  I suppose that means that the Rehash Bash is also a Zoom meeting since the COVID-19 exposure risk profile of the Twin Cities is largely unchanged since the Hunt commenced..

leelabell

The re-hash was a couple of days ago at Silverwood.

On Thursday, February 3, 2022, 11:06:27 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

I just realized that the Pre-Dig Gig was a virtual gathering.  I suppose that means that the Rehash Bash is also a Zoom meeting since the COVID-19 exposure risk profile of the Twin Cities is largely unchanged since the Hunt commenced..

Eicemann

Got it.  I'm a little slow sometimes. But I can take a hint.

Allison Wonderland

Yea, usually the pity party is the night of the find and the Rehash is the Sunday after the hunt. As you can guess the Pity Party comes together kind of last minute. But it seems this year, because of Covid, we're not doing the traditional Rehash, so they just called the Pity Party the Rehash. I didn't actually make it there myself even.