2022 Clue #7

Eicemann

Three different people have stopped me at Silverwood to ask what is going on.  Surprisingly enough, all three reacted happily to my explanation rather than intruded upon by us treasure seekers.  They seemed prideful that "their park" was chosen and that we were led there by the clues.  I must be very approachable and non-threatening even with a sharp garden tool in hand...

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

Wow! I bet the young man was thankful the other 2 employees came in. I hope they made some good tips! Could you imagine what it must’ve looked like from their point of view??!  not knowing what was going on and seeing this huge swarm of people with shovels, rakes etc?!? 😂😂😂

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 9:49 PM, secretrose via groups.io <handlinrose@...> wrote:

Christine they ran out of maps yesterday or today. They had quite a few printed up for regular park visitors on Friday. The Silverwood employees were really surprised when all these hunters started overtaking the park. There was one guy working the cafe on Friday. He got two more employees for the weekend to help him out. They were overwhelmed!

secretrose

Christine they ran out of maps yesterday or today. They had quite a few printed up for regular park visitors on Friday. The Silverwood employees were really surprised when all these hunters started overtaking the park. There was one guy working the cafe on Friday. He got two more employees for the weekend to help him out. They were overwhelmed!

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

Wow! Great instincts! I wish I knew they had maps inside. I wonder if the staff knew ahead of time?

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 8:07 PM, secretrose via groups.io <handlinrose@...> wrote:

David, the only reason I got to Silverwwood by Friday is because I ran across an old photo of the Salvation Army Fresh Air Camp gate written on the top of the gate. The word Fresh screamed out at me, so it was the main reason I went there besides being on a border. Than their maps next to the cafe showed the bathing trail when I got there. The old name had me convinced.

secretrose

David, the only reason I got to Silverwwood by Friday is because I ran across an old photo of the Salvation Army Fresh Air Camp gate written on the top of the gate. The word Fresh screamed out at me, so it was the main reason I went there besides being on a border. Than their maps next to the cafe showed the bathing trail when I got there. The old name had me convinced.

Allison Wonderland

I definitely made the mistake again of thinking the cluewriter had come up with clever riddles to solve. But no, they were just throwing out the names of things they saw in the park.

On Sunday, January 30, 2022, 07:25:03 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

One of the sculptures on display is entitled Eterne = Life Eternal.
Another sculpture, Thoughts From the Earth, is literally a circle of stones.  LOL. Can't believe I didn't realize this sooner!

Eicemann

One of the sculptures on display is entitled Eterne = Life Eternal.
Another sculpture, Thoughts From the Earth, is literally a circle of stones.  LOL. Can't believe I didn't realize this sooner!

juliann laabs

I was thinking that was in reference to dyers garden

Mushiew

This link should help you all regarding Silverwood Park.

Mushie-Linda

On Jan 29, 2022, at 10:01 PM, nate roub <Nprarmy11@...> wrote:

Life eternal = churches
Fire infernal = the stone fireplace
Hearth of hearts = weddings they do there

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 9:55 PM Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Salem may fit the "life internal heat infernal" clue.  Salem witch trials - those found guilty were burned at the stake.  Innocents killed would presumably go to heaven.

nate roub

Life eternal = churches
Fire infernal = the stone fireplace
Hearth of hearts = weddings they do there

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 9:55 PM Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Salem may fit the "life internal heat infernal" clue.  Salem witch trials - those found guilty were burned at the stake.  Innocents killed would presumably go to heaven.

Eicemann

Salem may fit the "life internal heat infernal" clue.  Salem witch trials - those found guilty were burned at the stake.  Innocents killed would presumably go to heaven.

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

There is a church called Salem a block away on silver lake road, heaven and hell?

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 6:47 PM, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland@...> wrote:

There are churches in the area, though there are churches most everywhere. Maybe it's a reference to "salvation"? As in the Salvation Army used to own that site I think. It could be something in the park too as I have yet to ever go there.

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 06:41:05 PM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

Heart of hearts is a phrase used in Shakespeare's Hamlet.  Hamlet is a tiny settlement smaller than a village.  St Anthony village perhaps?

The third line has me stumped - clearly refers to the choice between heaven & hell.  Thoughts?

Allison Wonderland

There are churches in the area, though there are churches most everywhere. Maybe it's a reference to "salvation"? As in the Salvation Army used to own that site I think. It could be something in the park too as I have yet to ever go there.

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 06:41:05 PM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

Heart of hearts is a phrase used in Shakespeare's Hamlet.  Hamlet is a tiny settlement smaller than a village.  St Anthony village perhaps?

The third line has me stumped - clearly refers to the choice between heaven & hell.  Thoughts?

Eicemann

Heart of hearts is a phrase used in Shakespeare's Hamlet.  Hamlet is a tiny settlement smaller than a village.  St Anthony village perhaps?

The third line has me stumped - clearly refers to the choice between heaven & hell.  Thoughts?

tctreasurehunt@...

Silverwood seems inevitable—but solves involving Crosby/Hidden, Hansen, and even things like Furness Park were all very intriguing.

CW could've gotten a lot of extra play out of something like "saintly" (St. Anthony/St. Paul) or "high five" (artwork/highway) if they hadn't so specifically referenced "arts" in this latest clue, but I get that it was probably time to do so.

Recovering from the whiplash lol — back out tonight and tomorrow, hopefully.

Eicemann

Another reason to stay away from that part of the park is the lake itself.  "Path to the bath" could mean a path to the lake or the bridge across it.

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

One of the roads is blocked off, not by cones but….. could that be the cones reference? Or reference to the sign “ Restoring Native Species Project” so cone could be a pine cone for tree or seedling?? Grasping here

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 10:48 AM, leelabell via groups.io <leelabell@...> wrote:

I'm in agreement with all of this. The bath trail a few days ago was the first clue for me.

But what's the cones?

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 10:36 AM, Christine B via groups.io
<christinebeaupre@...> wrote:
Path to the bath is in reference to the Forest Bath Tour that is available. That path is just inside the entrance to the left. So you want to be away from there. That’s my opinion LOL

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 10:33 AM, Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn@...> wrote:

Mother Earth makes sense, the high view school, New BRIGHTon out of the dark, treasure = silver, the art, The roads, Silverwood sounds like a winner, or one huge red herring. But so many things add up now. Good Luck everyone. I'm 2 hours north, no threat here...But this seems still too early to be on THE park so quick...right? But wow...it adds up!

Mike

leelabell

<christinebeaupre@...> wrote:
[...]

Mike Flipp