Here is the new clue:

Clue #6
Escape the heat, cook and eat
At this playland far from the masses.
A place to recover or even take cover –
Life here was slow as molasses.

And here are the previous clues:

Clue #5

Things looked rosy, a pocketful of posey.
We remember it all too well.
We were happy back then but beyond our ken:
It soon would all go to hell.

Clue #4

We’re moving ahead, no oncoming dread.

Our future’s in our hands.

This new term is about what’s firm

Let’s avoid the shifting sands.

Clue #3

No time, old sport, to play and cavort.

Pursue the grail with your schemes!

Out at night? Then follow the light

To cross the way to your dreams.

Clue #2

Stay away from links and risky hijinks.

Disturb not ground, tree or trail.

Don’t wait for last clue to know what to do;

This year you’ll figure or fail.

Clue #1

Be it turmoil endemic or global pandemic

It’s been a tough year for us all.

So rather than punt, we renewed this year’s hunt:

Join us, it’ll be a ball!

Don’t be odd, stay in your pod.

Keep six feet away from strangers.

Wear a mask when on your task

To keep all safe from dangers.

Allison Wonderland

On the one hand this clue could be talking about a shady place with BBQ grills and picnic tables. A place to take cover could mean a picnic shelter. But two things bother me in this clue. One is a place to recover. What does that mean? That's not something you would normally do in a park. Maybe if you had been playing something you might need to recover, but is there something special there that helps you with that? Or does it mean there is a hospital or some such thing nearby?

The other thing that bothers me is when it says life *was* slow as molasses. That suggests that it isn't now, and some aspect of this place is about its past.

secretrose

It should have been clue two lol!

Allison Wonderland

"A place to recover or even take cover –

Life here was slow as molasses."

Could this possibly refer to Fort Snelling even though it is across the river? Hmmm Fort Snelling was never attacked so life there would have been pretty slow.

Joan Del Rio

That was my first thought, too.

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 08:40:59 AM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:

"A place to recover or even take cover –

Life here was slow as molasses."

Could this possibly refer to Fort Snelling even though it is across the river? Hmmm Fort Snelling was never attacked so life there would have been pretty slow.

Bergmanad@...

I think they are referring to White Bear lake where people went to relax and vacation.

On Jan 29, 2021, at 9:52 AM, Joan Del Rio via groups.io <Terp3303@...> wrote:

That was my first thought, too.

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 08:40:59 AM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:

"A place to recover or even take cover –

Life here was slow as molasses."

Could this possibly refer to Fort Snelling even though it is across the river? Hmmm Fort Snelling was never attacked so life there would have been pretty slow.

Peeko03

Also I find it odd we have cover and recover.

Allison Wonderland

That is also possible, and I remember from the last WBL hunt that Ma Barker and her gang hid up there. So I wouldn't rule WBL out. I think there is a Jay (Gatsby) street in Birchwood on the south side of the lake.

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 11:04:35 AM CST, <bergmanad@...> wrote:

I think they are referring to White Bear lake where people went to relax and vacation.

On Jan 29, 2021, at 9:52 AM, Joan Del Rio via groups.io <Terp3303@...> wrote:

That was my first thought, too.

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 08:40:59 AM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:

"A place to recover or even take cover –

Life here was slow as molasses."

Could this possibly refer to Fort Snelling even though it is across the river? Hmmm Fort Snelling was never attacked so life there would have been pretty slow.

dave pwcmn.com

Birchwood is in Washington County.

MNRed

Escape the heat makes me think swimming. WBL is starting to sound interesting.

picnic shelter might be too obvious but I got nothin better

Now I just have to go back and make all the clues fit. Lol

Peeko03

Something that was once covered and was recovered?

MNRed

It seems like there is a lot of interest in Central Park but I don’t see it in the clues?  What am I missing?

Allison Wonderland

I didn't even think about what county Birchwood was in. I guess that explains why I never heard of the park near there.

As for Central, certainly "rosey" would make you think of that. If you believe the clues are making references to 2007, that might also put you at Central. There's probably more but I haven't looked at it that much.

On Friday, January 29, 2021, 11:27:38 AM CST, MNRed <mnjan36@...> wrote:

It seems like there is a lot of interest in Central Park but I don’t see it in the clues?  What am I missing?

homeskillet

Matoska Park has a gazebo and its used for weddings it might fit the "no time for cold feet", across the lake from dellwood where fitz hung out. small park though and I believe others have scoped out or even dug it up.

homeskillet

I was looking back at clue 3 which mentions schemes maybe rhyming schemes, you could change the "follow the light" to fort to rhyme with cavort.  probably a stretch.

Molly Widstrom

clue 5 is giving me a swede hollow vibe - life was old fashioned (hence the childhood game reference) but then it went all to hell when the city came and destroyed the houses.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:02 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

cheebiechi@...

we were out earlier and had seen some action at Central Park, more so on the east end.
Im finding it hard to nail down a single park. Out at night? follow the light has been in my head for a bit