Clue #7 - 2020


Allison Wonderland
 

Clue #7
If you’re in town, swing on down 
To a park lit up some nights
Before it gets hotter, line three bodies water
And you’ll have it in your sites
 
Clue #6
Once at the summit, it did quite plummet
Before it got to the bluff
Starting and stopping, winding and hopping
It will eventually lead to the stuff
 
Clue #5
We will protect each clue from the GRU
Nyet hackers! Have you no shame?
They may fix our elections, but we'll spark insurrection,
If they try to interfere with our game
 
Clue #4
One patterned neat and trim, one salvaged life and limb
Did the two cutters who lived down the way.
Herringbones or sawbones?
You decide which will play.
 
Clue #3
This hunt’s guarantor settles that forevermore
Noodlers treasure noggins; keep that in mind.
So doff your warm cap, study dog-eared map
And genuflect in the presence of the find.
 
Clue #2
Though the times be quite peachy, we do so beseech ye,
To venture out of doors for a romp
As you traipse through the snow, your medallions aglow,
Careful of what flora you stomp
 
Clue #1
There’s just enough snow and temperatures low
To rouse us from our snoozing
And hide the MacGuffin, no we ain’t bluffin,
In a park of our very own choosing.
 
The Vikings are done, the Twins yet begun
What excuse do you have to dawdle?
Gather your kin, prepare for the win
And be sure to bring a hot bottle


@alfabob
 

Shouldn't they have said "line (up) three bodies (of) water,
and you'll have it in your sights (not sites)"?
Anyway,. here's an interesting link on 3 bodies of water: https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/


Allison Wonderland
 

They definitely left out the words "up" and "of" which is odd. And they definitely spelled "sights" wrong which is also odd. Perhaps an anagram? It is found in a list of sites?




On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:13:28 AM CST, <alfabob1@...> wrote:


Shouldn't they have said "line (up) three bodies (of) water,
and you'll have it in your sights (not sites)"?
Anyway,. here's an interesting link on 3 bodies of water: https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/


bperzi
 

Great article. Very interesting and informative.



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device


-------- Original message --------
From: alfabob1@...
Date: 1/25/20 12:13 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: theallisonwonderland@groups.io
Subject: Re: [theallisonwonderland] Clue #7 - 2020

Shouldn't they have said "line (up) three bodies (of) water,
and you'll have it in your sights (not sites)"?
Anyway,. here's an interesting link on 3 bodies of water: https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/


cluemaster
 

Clue #7: 5 Cono and 5 IMP please.

I'm not sold on BVNS just yet.





-----Original Message-----

From: AllisonWondrland@...
To: theallisonwonderland@groups.io
Sent: 2020-01-25 12:21:12 AM
Subject: Re: [theallisonwonderland] Clue #7 - 2020

They definitely left out the words "up" and "of" which is odd. And they definitely spelled "sights" wrong which is also odd. Perhaps an anagram? It is found in a list of sites?




On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:13:28 AM CST, <alfabob1@...> wrote:


Shouldn't they have said "line (up) three bodies (of) water,
and you'll have it in your sights (not sites)"?
Anyway,. here's an interesting link on 3 bodies of water: https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/



Allison Wonderland
 

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:13 AM, <alfabob1@...> wrote:
https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/
Just read this article now and it is indeed interesting. The problem I have with it, especially as it is today, is that the water in Phalen Creek goes through a lot more than just three bodies of water. There's Kohlman, Gervais, Spoon, Keller, Round, and Phalen, and you can trace it back further I believe though it's hard to tell for certain as it goes underground in spots now (though it does trail northwards on the old map in the article). On the other hand, ever since the PP referred to west as being "due north" in the last Cherokee hunt, you can't always assume absolute accuracy. So maybe they are just looking at the three bodies of water in the regional park specifically. And then I guess it could mean not to line them up, but rather to look at the line produced by the water of three bodies which might explain the grammar. Of course that line is no longer visible and I'm still not sure what getting hotter has to do with it.


Mike Flipp
 

If your in town, to me already says your in St Paul. So swing on down, really does lead me to CHS field next to Bruce Vento and to a park lit up some nights is the baseball night games.
Now the "before it gets hotter" part and the misspelling of "sites" lining up water and leading you to sites as in a multi area? Not sure, that still needs to be noodled, I'm still BV for now


On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:03 AM, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io
<AllisonWondrland@...> wrote:
Clue #7
If you’re in town, swing on down 
To a park lit up some nights
Before it gets hotter, line three bodies water
And you’ll have it in your sites
 
Clue #6
Once at the summit, it did quite plummet
Before it got to the bluff
Starting and stopping, winding and hopping
It will eventually lead to the stuff
 
Clue #5
We will protect each clue from the GRU
Nyet hackers! Have you no shame?
They may fix our elections, but we'll spark insurrection,
If they try to interfere with our game
 
Clue #4
One patterned neat and trim, one salvaged life and limb
Did the two cutters who lived down the way.
Herringbones or sawbones?
You decide which will play.
 
Clue #3
This hunt’s guarantor settles that forevermore
Noodlers treasure noggins; keep that in mind.
So doff your warm cap, study dog-eared map
And genuflect in the presence of the find.
 
Clue #2
Though the times be quite peachy, we do so beseech ye,
To venture out of doors for a romp
As you traipse through the snow, your medallions aglow,
Careful of what flora you stomp
 
Clue #1
There’s just enough snow and temperatures low
To rouse us from our snoozing
And hide the MacGuffin, no we ain’t bluffin,
In a park of our very own choosing.
 
The Vikings are done, the Twins yet begun
What excuse do you have to dawdle?
Gather your kin, prepare for the win
And be sure to bring a hot bottle


Matt Bennett
 

Trying to decipher the clue 6 noodle that David cannot share. Perhaps Indian Mounds is the "bluff" meaning the red herring and they've been bluffing to us that it's there. The creek which starts at Phalen would be at the summit at it's highest point, before plummeting down towards the river. Before it got to the bluff now has double meaning, one that it actually gets to the bluff, but also it starts and stops, winds and hops before it gets to the "bluff" or red herring park of IM. EVENTUALLY you will will end up back at Phalen once you figure this out.

Also worth noting that the highest point in Ramsey county is on the (now abandoned) Hillcrest golf course which is due East of Phalen lake. "Hill crest" could also be the summit. The only trail near there is the Furness trail (pretty hot, indeed) but it doesn't appear to lead to any parks...

Feels like a stretch, but we need to focus on noodling 5 and 6 more.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM Mike Flipp via Groups.Io <flippstermn=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If your in town, to me already says your in St Paul. So swing on down, really does lead me to CHS field next to Bruce Vento and to a park lit up some nights is the baseball night games.
Now the "before it gets hotter" part and the misspelling of "sites" lining up water and leading you to sites as in a multi area? Not sure, that still needs to be noodled, I'm still BV for now


On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:03 AM, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io
<AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Clue #7
If you’re in town, swing on down 
To a park lit up some nights
Before it gets hotter, line three bodies water
And you’ll have it in your sites
 
Clue #6
Once at the summit, it did quite plummet
Before it got to the bluff
Starting and stopping, winding and hopping
It will eventually lead to the stuff
 
Clue #5
We will protect each clue from the GRU
Nyet hackers! Have you no shame?
They may fix our elections, but we'll spark insurrection,
If they try to interfere with our game
 
Clue #4
One patterned neat and trim, one salvaged life and limb
Did the two cutters who lived down the way.
Herringbones or sawbones?
You decide which will play.
 
Clue #3
This hunt’s guarantor settles that forevermore
Noodlers treasure noggins; keep that in mind.
So doff your warm cap, study dog-eared map
And genuflect in the presence of the find.
 
Clue #2
Though the times be quite peachy, we do so beseech ye,
To venture out of doors for a romp
As you traipse through the snow, your medallions aglow,
Careful of what flora you stomp
 
Clue #1
There’s just enough snow and temperatures low
To rouse us from our snoozing
And hide the MacGuffin, no we ain’t bluffin,
In a park of our very own choosing.
 
The Vikings are done, the Twins yet begun
What excuse do you have to dawdle?
Gather your kin, prepare for the win
And be sure to bring a hot bottle


steph.peltier71@...
 

So now I’m at the library looking at the old treasure hunt guides lol


On Jan 25, 2020, at 12:47 PM, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io <AllisonWondrland@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:13 AM, <alfabob1@...> wrote:
https://www.rwmwd.org/three-creeks-in-one-a-meandering-mirror-of-the-past/
Just read this article now and it is indeed interesting. The problem I have with it, especially as it is today, is that the water in Phalen Creek goes through a lot more than just three bodies of water. There's Kohlman, Gervais, Spoon, Keller, Round, and Phalen, and you can trace it back further I believe though it's hard to tell for certain as it goes underground in spots now (though it does trail northwards on the old map in the article). On the other hand, ever since the PP referred to west as being "due north" in the last Cherokee hunt, you can't always assume absolute accuracy. So maybe they are just looking at the three bodies of water in the regional park specifically. And then I guess it could mean not to line them up, but rather to look at the line produced by the water of three bodies which might explain the grammar. Of course that line is no longer visible and I'm still not sure what getting hotter has to do with it.


Allison Wonderland
 

I just saw something I can't ignore. Heading to Phalen.


andersonsal01@...
 

Thanks, Bob! Great noodle


Mike Flipp
 

That's always fun to get a New revelation! You Go Man!

On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 04:33:44 PM CST, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:


I just saw something I can't ignore. Heading to Phalen.