locked Allison Wonderland Park Pick Pool 2020 #ParkPickPool

Allison Wonderland

Alphabob asked about the Park Pick Pool. Unfortunately this week at work as well as at home has been quite busy and I never got a chance to post on here very much. But yes, there will be a park pick pool starting right now. Clue 1 is out this morning and Clue 2 won't be out until Sunday night, so you'll have plenty of time to make your initial picks. It's going to work the same as it has in the recent past which is like this:

  • The prize is $100 which will go to a single winner.
  • The winner is the person who gets the most points.
  • In the case of a tie, the winner will be whoever made the earliest post naming the correct park as one of their guesses.
  • All guesses must be made by posting them to this board
  • There is no cost to play (other than revealing your guesses perhaps).
  • Between the release of each clue you have 10 guesses. You can spend all your guesses on one park ("Como for 10!") or give one guess to each of 10 different parks, or divide them any other way you wish ("Battle Creek for 5, Highland for 3, Como for 1 and Shamrock for 1")
  • If you do not post a new guess, then your most recent guess will be presumed to carry forward with no action required on your part.
  • You may make a new post and change your guess for that day, but it becomes locked in once the next clue comes out.
  • Guesses made for the correct park (to be determined once the medallion has been declared to be found) are worth one victory point each. Guesses for the correct park made the day before are worth two victory points each. Guesses made the day before that are worth three points each and so on up to a potential value of 12 victory points for guesses made on the first day, if the hunt goes 12 clues (though guessing the right park on the first day of a 12 hunt clue would be a significant fail in other respects!)
  • You are free to guess any park you like except for that you may not group parks by guessing a larger regional park that they are a part of. In cases where it is fuzzy, a ruling by the judge (me) will be made.
  • I am eligible to participate as well because all posts are public and because there is no purchase required.

So start your guessing! Once Clue #2 comes out, we will start the next round.

Jennifer Matthews

Is there a way to link the video for the “deed is done” here?

kalars69 <Kalars69@...>

spamchristi2@yahoo.com

10 for Mounds Park. Thanks, Christi. See you at the PDG tonight

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 9:04 AM, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io
<AllisonWondrland@...> wrote:
[...]

@alfabob

5 on Highland (obvious!) and 5 on Battle Creek, David. Thanks!
Happy hunting, all!

Mike Flipp

From the video
what seemed important
tree with ski tracks in back

Inline image

AND a Fairly wooded area, could be just a smaller patch or part of a larger woods

Inline image

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 12:48:48 PM CST, kalars69 via Groups.Io <kalars69@...> wrote:

Alan Sadowsky

Hi David.  Crosby 5; Hidden Falls 5.  Thanks!  Alan

Matt Bennett

I'll put 5 on Shamrock and 5 on Battle Creek. Thanks for coordinating, David

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020, 9:04 AM Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Christina Kolb

10 on Highland, please.

cluemaster

10 for Beaver Lake

[...]

MNRed

10 on Highland

Andrea Howell

10 for hidden falls please

Rock71hound@...

Central Park, Roseville

Rebecca

8 on Battle Creek
2 on Highland
Thanks!

twonuh

2 Highland
2 Como
2 Acorn
2 Island Lake Park
2 Battle Creek

Joan Del Rio

First, a question: do we need to hit “reply all” or just “reply” here?

My Park pics are:

Highland - 5
IMP - 3
Phalen - 1
HF - 1

Terp3303

On Jan 18, 2020, at 9:04 AM, Allison Wonderland via Groups.Io <AllisonWondrland@...> wrote:

[...]

I will go 8 Como
2 Battle Creek

On Jan 18, 2020, at 3:12 PM, cluemaster <Cluemaster@...> wrote:

 10 for Beaver Lake

[...]

Battle Creek 10

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:50 PM, Jennifer Matthews
<scrolty@...> wrote:
[...]

10 for Como cuz I got nothing else....yet.

secretrose

Hi David, l will go 6 on Hidden and 4 on Highland. I am late on this site.

(Edit: This post was actually made before Clue 2 came out, but approved afterwards)