Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Matt Bennett

Are we still being secretive with our park thoughts? This clue feels like they're telling us the park pretty clearly

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 12:40 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Clue #7
Scale the heights, look for the brights
Where nature inspires the arts
Is it life eternal or heat infernal
That strikes at your heart of hearts?

Clue #6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Kristen

Clue 7 screams a very specific park in New Brighton. Clue 6 does not fit there unless I'm missing something! Any thoughts on Clue 6 and the New Brighton connection?

Allison Wonderland

Someone posted here earlier about people springing from mud being a Dakota story. But the Dakota are part of the Sioux and Sioux Blvd. goes into Hansen. Th Lakota story talks about a flood and the Lakota are also Sioux.

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 12:46:41 AM CST, Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:

Clue 7 screams a very specific park in New Brighton. Clue 6 does not fit there unless I'm missing something! Any thoughts on Clue 6 and the New Brighton connection?

Archie Pickerign

I was trying to be coy - but clue 7 all but confirms it blatantly.

Take a look at “art on foot” at silverwood.

They have both a poetry trail “ride this rhyme” and a sculpture trail. One of the sculptures is a stone circle, an another is titled “ lounging through the flood” another is titled “elevated structure for elevated conversations”

Others have mentioned the out of the dark= Brighton bit.

It’s a border park literally on the border with anoka county, but here’s another bit- there is a “ path to a bath” there - in that there’s a beach. But the beach us a separate park across the county line- so far from this path = stay away because it’s out of bounds.

Fresh treasure= new park, and until it recently became a park, it was a Salvation Army “fresh air” camp. Perhaps bliss works into salvation too.

Lastly, “with the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver” many have pointed out you can pull “River” out of driver and striver- if you use the whole line you can actually pull out another “River”- three rivers parks operates silverwood.

Perhaps I’m wrong- but especially after this clue it all feels right. Only downside is there’s a kids event today so I’m sure it will be Betsy- with hunters added to the mix. See y’all out there.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 12:59 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Someone posted here earlier about people springing from mud being a Dakota story. But the Dakota are part of the Sioux and Sioux Blvd. goes into Hansen. Th Lakota story talks about a flood and the Lakota are also Sioux.

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 12:46:41 AM CST, Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:

Clue 7 screams a very specific park in New Brighton. Clue 6 does not fit there unless I'm missing something! Any thoughts on Clue 6 and the New Brighton connection?

dave pwcmn.com

The county line does weird stuff there.

[...]

nate roub

Archie since you said it, I'll say I agree. Some I didn't know because I haven't walked the path yet

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 7:54 AM dave pwcmn.com <dave@...> wrote:
[...]

Wow, ok. I didn't think they would use Silverwood and I thought Hansen was rock solid.

The streets around Hansen are all number streets and 4th (delta) and 15th (omicron) intersect right in the middle of the park. You could wear a mask at the hockey rink or the baseball field. The (Fresh Prince) of Bel Air elementary is right there. I also thought Fresh could refer to "New" Brighton or just it being a new park.

For Clue 2 all the numbered streets around the park are under 30. There is a taxi/limo service on the north side for driver, and it is on County Rd E and stretches past E2 (albeit with a different name at that point) for the "ease" (E's).

For Clue 3 the cone would certainly suggest the trademark cones at the frisbee golf field. There is a path that goes from 4th to 15th and eventually leads to a pond.

For clue 4 there are 4 different parking lots (4 covid tests? maybe too current) and there are many homes that directly border the park.

For Clue 5 I just figured they hid it close to one of the private properties bordering the park which would certainly be pushing their luck.

I figured Clue 6 was referring to the Dakota creation myth that suggested people came from the mud and the Lakota myth that talks about a flood. Both are Sioux and Sioux Blvd. goes right into the park. The observation from an elevated location would be Highview Middle School.

I thought Clue 7 was referring to the churches and the cemetery around the park, though I hadn't found any specific arts yet.

So that all seemed pretty specific and hard to be a coincidence. But going back to Long Lake and how the cluewriter wrote a bunch of clues based off historical signs they saw in the park, I can see where they would do the same thing the art exhibits.

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 07:54:08 AM CST, dave pwcmn.com <dave@...> wrote:

[...]

I like David’s thoughts too-

Watch it be at como now :)

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 8:17 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Ride this rhyme isn't on the poetry list, that I saw...all the art he mentioned is.

Also for this park you have county rd E on north side and 30th Ave runs into ot also.

Clue 7 have have 2 church's next to it along with they do weddings there.

The real question which one is the red herring.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 8:17 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I also kept Hansen at the top and I had similar ideas to David. I hesitated on Silverview mostly because I wondered if they actually close and lock the gates at night...if you Google silver lake Beach Park in Google maps, it says "open 24 hours". I wonder if they pressed they're luck so much it could actually be over the county line?
It seems like Silverview has to be the frontrunner, somewhere near where it changes to silver lake Beach Park. I'll be out there in a couple hours.

[...]

XtinaHunts2

Between the two, I guess I think Archie has more solid connections with Silverwood. I really do hope it is NOT in NB again though but hope is fleeting in the hunt. The whole mud/flood thing and heights all fit as well for Lilydale quite well as do the river clues. I'm surprised that park has been such a whisper on all boards I'm following. Even though I hate to bring it into the conversation, Como does also fit in very big ways with the stone circles and various other tidbits (is it heaven or hell phrase in clue 7 could actually refer to marriage of all things - wedding are held at Como regularly). Nature as art (conservatory orchid show going on now)

Bergmanad@...

Definitely Silverwood. I don’t think over the County Line. They do lock the gate at night, but easy to walk in. I talked to an officer when I was parked at the beach park last night and she had no issues with walking in.
They also perform weddings here if that makes a difference to you with last nights clue.
The Forest Bath trail is totally unique. It’s a great park!

On Jan 29, 2022, at 8:38 AM, XtinaHunts2 <chenning550@...> wrote:

Between the two, I guess I think Archie has more solid connections with Silverwood. I really do hope it is NOT in NB again though but hope is fleeting in the hunt. The whole mud/flood thing and heights all fit as well for Lilydale quite well as do the river clues. I'm surprised that park has been such a whisper on all boards I'm following. Even though I hate to bring it into the conversation, Como does also fit in very big ways with the stone circles and various other tidbits (is it heaven or hell phrase in clue 7 could actually refer to marriage of all things - wedding are held at Como regularly). Nature as art (conservatory orchid show going on now)

Bergmanad@...

The path to the bath is not by the beach (that is over the border). It’s actually almost opposite that in the park.

On Jan 29, 2022, at 9:25 AM, Bergmanad via groups.io <Bergmanad@...> wrote:

[...]

Can anyone show me the border lines out there path to the bath is just to left of entrance...border could be county rd E new Brighton is north side of E, next to 30th Ave is wexon heights rd also

On Jan 29, 2022, at 9:25 AM, Bergmanad via groups.io <Bergmanad=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Eicemann

I'm definitely on Silverwood.  Clue 6 convinced me.  "Ride this rhyme for a trip through time" seems to reference the bicycle silhouette bike racks and the nursery rhyme Hickory Dickory Dock.  There is a dock onto Sliver Lake there.  "Stone circles" seems to reference the brick/flagstone foot path that circles the outdoor stage/amphitheater. David put me onto New Brighton in translating "Fresh," "out of the dark" and "life of ease."  The "border" reference clinched it for me.  I think the reference to 30's means the street address is in the 20's.  That steered me away from Emerald.  I still believe the repeated use of "treasure" was referencing Silver - Silver Lake, Silver Lake Rd, Silverwood Park.

cheebiechi@...

All I can do

Christine B <christinebeaupre@...>

Could “that all of us spring from the mud” be e reference to Mother Earth? There is a reference to Mother Earth in Silverwood….
I cannot tie in driver,or current, unless it’s pertaining to electrical… or driver means driven to find it and striver means a long or vigorous walk?

On Saturday, January 29, 2022, 9:25 AM, Bergmanad@... wrote:

[...]

stRIVER, DRIVER and current are river reference and that's 3 = Silverwood is part of the 3 rivers parks system

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022, 10:19 AM Christine B via groups.io <christinebeaupre=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Mike Flipp

Mother Earth makes sense, the high view school, New BRIGHTon out of the dark, treasure = silver, the art, The roads, Silverwood sounds like a winner, or one huge red herring. But so many things add up now. Good Luck everyone. I'm 2 hours north, no threat here...But this seems still too early to be on THE park so quick...right? But wow...it adds up!

Mike