2022 Clue #6

Allison Wonderland

Clue #6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Allison Wonderland

It seems like no one really knows what to make of this clue in that there's been little to no discussion about it on any of the message boards. Or maybe everyone has figured it out and just isn't sharing! Probably not.

Certainly there is an inclination to take something like "stone circles" and apply it literally. That would give you Como, Crosby, Hidden Falls, Newell, and Swede Hollow off the top of my head. Yet it strikes me as unlikely that the true meaning of this (or any) clue would be so clear. It sounds more like something to divert hunters by giving them a shiny object to distract them.

The first line suggests this is some kind of history clue. Could be local history. A flood sounds like a specific event, though along the river there have been many floods. I think there was a specific flood that finally did in the village of Lilydale. I've been leaning towards New Brighton, and it could maybe fit the history of Brighton England.

A raised elevation could certainly suggest Highland. This one is general enough that it might actually be literal.

The last line...Hard to say because I wouldn't say it's even a true statement. It sounds more like a nonsense statement that is either an anagram or just meant to get a specific word or two into the clue. According to the Urban Dictionary, the phrase could mean that we all come from the street or we all come from nothing. I'm still not sure where that would get you. Looking up "mudspring" got me to a Dr. Mudspringer who sells motorcycle parts (ride?) located in Moundsview. There are a couple of nearby parks, but they didn't seem promising offhand.

David B. Allison

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 11:50:46 PM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:

Clue #6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Eicemann

This clue really reinforces my belief in which park is THE ONE.  I'm sure you're already in the habit of doing this, but be sure to look through the photos posted for parks of interest to you.

nate roub

Stone circles maybe are grain silos on east 7th, saying it's literal

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 11:50:46 PM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Clue #6
Ride this rhyme for a trip through time
From stone circles to the flood
From a raised elevation you'll make observation
That all of us spring from the mud

Clue #5
When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’
Still, we didn’t cancel the order
So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck
And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4
An item hot is the current lot
Of at-home tests for COVID
Ours is nice, in block of ice
Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Kristen

I'm with you on this one kind of throwing me off. I thought ride this rhyme = street car line but that still doesn't narrow down to one park.

nate roub

Is there a stone circle road?

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022, 8:08 AM Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
I'm with you on this one kind of throwing me off. I thought ride this rhyme = street car line but that still doesn't narrow down to one park.

Allison Wonderland

If you feel you can trust the search feature on Google Maps, then I would say no to a road named Stone Circle.

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 08:29:15 AM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

Is there a stone circle road?

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022, 8:08 AM Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
I'm with you on this one kind of throwing me off. I thought ride this rhyme = street car line but that still doesn't narrow down to one park.

cheebiechi@...

Roundabouts are stone circles maybe

Eicemann

Ride this rhyme:  Hickory Dickery DOCK!!!

Eicemann

The survivors of "the flood" did so via a 40-day "ride" on a boat - an ark.
I think this clue is listing several landmark objects that visitors of the park will see either from on their way to the spot where the puck is hidden.

Denise F

Here's a whole different thought:

The Sam Morgan Trail goes from Battle Creek to Hidden Falls.  While riding that trail, you would see the Indian Mounds, limestone cliffs, Fountain cave sign (a ride through time?)  You’d pass grain elevators that was mentioned in an earlier comment as possibly being the stone circles.  You’d end up at Crosby/Hidden Falls on the flood plain.  This is where the Minnesota and Mississippi meet which is muddy.  I found the following comment that might explain springs from mud: Gwen Westerman & Bruce White write in their book "Mni Sota Makoce: The Land of the Dakota": "The place of first creation is at the confluence of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers, where the Dakota people came from the stars to be on the earth. Two bluffs were formed from the earth, one called Caŝķe Taŋka and the other Caŝķe Cisṭiŋna.  The Earth opened herself in that way, and from the mud the Creator made the first Dakota man and woman."

Maybe the medallion is on the border of the trail in Crosby?

Allison Wonderland

Oooh, that helps a lot, though not in the way you intended. The Dakota are a division of the Sioux.

Mike Flipp

The history of stuff always plays a part. I can't figure out the mud thing. Your idea makes more sense, but Harriet Island and Lillydale flood alot. Should we be drawing a line from the stone circles to the flooding area and maybe another line from somewhere to see where they intersect?

Como - Also Driver plays a part. There is a Golf Course. And a Mini Putt putt, you would not use a driver there but does lead to golfing. From the picnic area, near the ball fields there is a path to the BATH room. But I think a red herring on the rings pointing to Como, it seems way too early, right?

Mike

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 10:31:59 AM CST, Denise F <denisegfurlong@...> wrote:

[...]

SO the Arlington ARKwright Park being on DesotO street D elta to O microcron and the ARK being the beginnings of all mankind of the flood everyone coming from those 8 people, and all the mud the flood created could be just pointing to the ARK. There is a ballfield to strap on mask. Skateboard area, Dog Park, Basketball court, I cant see any bathroom, but I would imagine there is one there? Also the PUCK comment, does anyone know if they FLOOD a neighborhood ice rink there?

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 10:47:21 AM CST, Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn@...> wrote:

[...]

I don't know that this fits any candidate location, but "stone circles" makes me think of the sport of curling

nate roub

I have a park that fits this clue really well, that I think seals the deal till the next clue doesnt...doesn't... a park that's never been used

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022, 11:32 PM Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don't know that this fits any candidate location, but "stone circles" makes me think of the sport of curling

Mike Flipp

ahhh curling...nice noodle, is there a park with curling?

Mike

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:32:34 PM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

I don't know that this fits any candidate location, but "stone circles" makes me think of the sport of curling

nate roub

Closest curling place is on either grande Ave or summit,

On Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:32:34 PM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I don't know that this fits any candidate location, but "stone circles" makes me think of the sport of curling

Eicemann

"all of us spring from the mud" = Sculpture titled Archenteron - the description of the piece is:

The title Archenteron, refers to an early developmental state that all living creatures take before developing into their own distinctive biological directions.