2022 Clue #5

Allison Wonderland

I fell asleep last night before the clue came out, but here is the daily posting nevertheless:

Clue #5

When the buttons showed up, we screamed out ‘what?!?’

Still, we didn’t cancel the order

So when we hid the puck, we pushed our luck

And hid it so close to a border.

Clue #4

An item hot is the current lot

Of at-home tests for COVID

Ours is nice, in block of ice

Inside the medallion's hid

Clue #3

Far from the path that leads to a bath

The treasure waits so alone

Step out of the dark and go to the park

But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2

Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred

Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s

With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver

For success means a life of ease

Clue #1

From delta to omicron, what a marathon

Getting from last year to this

Strap on your mask, get down to the task

Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Kristen

So that may rule out a bunch of parks if you're thinking border means on the edge of the county line.  I'm still torn between a park in New Brighton and Lilydale. I question if they would hide it at Lilydale with one of the trails closed and landslide warnings posted everywhere. Cherokee is still in play. Although border could mean many things like near a Taco Bell? Just thinking out loud here. Lol

nate roub

Kristen, we're you the one that yesterday I stopped in a blue car and said atleast I don't have to look there now?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022, 6:05 AM Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:
So that may rule out a bunch of parks if you're thinking border means on the edge of the county line.  I'm still torn between a park in New Brighton and Lilydale. I question if they would hide it at Lilydale with one of the trails closed and landslide warnings posted everywhere. Cherokee is still in play. Although border could mean many things like near a Taco Bell? Just thinking out loud here. Lol

Kristen

Not me! Lol

Bergmanad@...

What do you think of Silverwood Park?  Partially in Ramsey County. 

On Jan 27, 2022, at 7:05 AM, Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...> wrote:

Not me! Lol

Kristen

That's definitely a park on my radar!

Peeko03

I think it could just mean something like a river bank, not necessarily a border park

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: theallisonwonderland@groups.io <theallisonwonderland@groups.io> on behalf of Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 7:32:13 AM
To: theallisonwonderland@groups.io <theallisonwonderland@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [theallisonwonderland] 2022 Clue #5

Allison Wonderland

Personally I believe it means it is at the edge of a park next to a private house.

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:02:56 AM CST, Peeko03 <peeko03@...> wrote:

I think it could just mean something like a river bank, not necessarily a border park

Get Outlook for Android

From: theallisonwonderland@groups.io <theallisonwonderland@groups.io> on behalf of Kristen <kristen.sommerville@...>

nate roub

I was at Silverwood yesterday and still interested, also was at hansen...Hansen... a thought for you guys I haven't seen mentioned. Clue one it takes about a mask, what do you think about meaning. St.paul proper as st.paul has a mask mandate?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022, 9:09 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Personally I believe it means it is at the edge of a park next to a private house.

Get Outlook for Android

Mike Flipp

Can anyone post a graphic of the 2022 button please? I think it may have something on it that they didn't want us to see.

Mike Flipp

Allison Wonderland

I think alphabob might have been exactly right about the mask suggesting a park with hockey and or baseball fields. He may not have known it, but he was kind of on fire that day.

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:18:13 AM CST, nate roub <nprarmy11@...> wrote:

I was at Silverwood yesterday and still interested, also was at hansen...Hansen... a thought for you guys I haven't seen mentioned. Clue one it takes about a mask, what do you think about meaning. St.paul proper as st.paul has a mask mandate?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022, 9:09 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Get Outlook for Android

Christina Kolb

Mike Flipp

Ahh so it just has both dates on it. huh. oh well, was a thought

Mike

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 10:41:13 AM CST, Christina Kolb <cmhkolb@...> wrote:

XtinaHunts2

why is it so hard to find a county map that shows all the streets so we know the actual border streets? Is Silver Lake Rd in NB the border up there? Ugh.

Kristen

Google Maps outlines Ramsey County on the map if you search it.

Archie Pickerign

Stinson is the county line

Eicemann

One of the SPWC buttons says "Scavenger Hunt" on it.  Either this is an error or a cue to the medallion being something other what we've come to expect it to look like.  I'm leaning toward an error made by someone not familiar enough with the SPWC activities.  A scavenger hunt usually involves locating a number of items rather than just one, doesn't it?  

Archie Pickerign

The fact that you sent that here is pretty funny given who runs the scavenger hunt haha.

It’s a different event - run by the proprietor of this very group.

Eicemann

This is NOT a button.  It's the official logo of the Hunt.  Note the word "TREASURE." Now I'm thinking this is at least partly why that word was used repeatedly in the early clues.  I still think "Treasure" is a reference to the name of the actual park.

nate roub

Clue 6 
First thought is fire pits at como

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022, 7:53 AM Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is NOT a button.  It's the official logo of the Hunt.  Note the word "TREASURE." Now I'm thinking this is at least partly why that word was used repeatedly in the early clues.  I still think "Treasure" is a reference to the name of the actual park.