2022 Clue #3

Allison Wonderland

Clue #3
Far from the path that leads to a bath
The treasure waits so alone
Step out of the dark and go to the park
But avoid obstacles of cone

Clue #2
Get out of your bed if you want some hunt cred
Don’t wait ‘til temps hit the 30s
With the prize as your driver be a vigorous striver
For success means a life of ease

Clue #1
From delta to omicron, what a marathon
Getting from last year to this
Strap on your mask, get down to the task
Let fresh treasure be your bliss

Allison Wonderland

The bath part makes me think of Harriet Island which was originally used as a public bath when it became a park. Far from that could be Lilydale.

Possibly a bird bath? A path that leads to the river or a lake?

Construction cones?

XtinaHunts2

"waits so alone" makes me feel like its a quiet, unused park generally so no big pavilions, nor playgrounds or ball fields still with river ties -- Lilydale does make sense

Archie Pickerign

On a similar track - a park with swimming ( beach or pool) but far from that section of the park.

Eg at como but far from the pool, or at Phalen but far from
The beach

Cone I’m going to have to sit with for a bit.

nate roub

Clue 3 made me think harriet but could be red herring...public bathes were the river and the cone. As I find it interesting they say cone, singular

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022, 6:39 AM Archie Pickerign <acpickerign@...> wrote:
On a similar track - a park with swimming ( beach or pool) but far from that section of the park.

Eg at como but far from the pool, or at Phalen but far from
The beach

Cone I’m going to have to sit with for a bit.

Ben

I was thinking “obstacles of cone” might mean pine trees

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:23 AM nate roub <Nprarmy11@...> wrote:
Clue 3 made me think harriet but could be red herring...public bathes were the river and the cone. As I find it interesting they say cone, singular

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022, 6:39 AM Archie Pickerign <acpickerign@...> wrote:
On a similar track - a park with swimming ( beach or pool) but far from that section of the park.

Eg at como but far from the pool, or at Phalen but far from
The beach

Cone I’m going to have to sit with for a bit.

Mike Flipp

cone - pine trees - very good! Singular only to rhyme with alone.

Construction nearby? Avoid the orange cone s?

Public bath house back in 30s maybe...beach or ? Someone said Harriet had one..., interesting, any others?

They ALWAYS put in history. Those parts I never figure out.

Mike Flipp

Archie Pickerign

“The” path to “A” bath is vexing.

Jennifer Strahan

There’s an old bath house, still standing, at Highland. I think Phalen had/has one too?

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
cone - pine trees - very good! Singular only to rhyme with alone.

Construction nearby? Avoid the orange cone s?

Public bath house back in 30s maybe...beach or ? Someone said Harriet had one..., interesting, any others?

They ALWAYS put in history. Those parts I never figure out.

Mike Flipp

secretrose

It says obstacles of cone, so it is plural.

Eicemann

That makes sense.  I'm reaching here.  Obstacles of cone = burial mounds?  Probably not...

Allison Wonderland

I'm thinking there is in fact a place where pine trees are legitimate obstacles.

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 01:24:34 PM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7@...> wrote:

That makes sense.  I'm reaching here.  Obstacles of cone = burial mounds?  Probably not...

Kazzy

Is this too simple an explination?:
"far from the path that leads to a bath" meaning it's not in muddy/swampy/wet areas
"the treasure waits so alone / step out of the dark and go to the park" it's in an open clearing away from trees
"but avaoid obstacles of cone" avoid areas under constructions or marked off limits (traffic cones)

In the past the first few clues are pretty basic "welcome to the treasure hunt" "follow the rules, win a prize" "it's in a park in ramsey county"

@alfabob

"The treasure waits so alone" could mean that the 'medallion' is not wrapped in anything.

Allison Wonderland

The treasure not being wrapped in anything does make sense. At first I was thinking "fresh" might actually allude to what it was hidden in, but now I feel pretty certain it is referencing a new park.

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 03:35:43 PM CST, <alfabob1@...> wrote:

"The treasure waits so alone" could mean that the 'medallion' is not wrapped in anything.

Archie Pickerign

It would be bold, but how does an island feel?

There’s a couple of lakes that have islands only reachable by foot in the winter- don’t wait for temps to hit the 30’s.

I guess they probably wouldn’t since if they did the hunt would be SOL if the ice got unsafe… hmmm

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 3:42 PM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The treasure not being wrapped in anything does make sense. At first I was thinking "fresh" might actually allude to what it was hidden in, but now I feel pretty certain it is referencing a new park.

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 03:35:43 PM CST, <alfabob1@...> wrote:

"The treasure waits so alone" could mean that the 'medallion' is not wrapped in anything.

Denise F

One of my interpretations is a similar simple explanation:

Far from the path – in the middle of a field or open area

Step out of the dark – not in the woods

Waits so alone – by itself, not under a tree/picnic table

Cone – construction, or used in sports training (refers to sports fields)

Bath – maybe simply a bathroom

One interpretation:  There’s a path that leads to bathrooms.  The medallion is quite a way off that path in an open field (not in the woods).  The park has sports fields, and it’s not on them.

Eicemann

Is it unusual to reference the word "treasure" in 2 of the first 3 clues?  I'm thinking that there is a reason behind that.  Couple that with "ease" and "ice" and it's steering me to a particular park that would be "fresh" and "out of the dark."

Matt Bennett

Just going back a few years...

2012 at Tony Schmidt the word treasure was included in clue 1, 2 and 3
2014 at Como, used in Clue 1 and 2
2015 Snail Lake used in clue 2 and 3

There are many years the word is used multiple times, but these are the examples of it showing up multiple times in the first 3 clues.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 10:59 AM Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is it unusual to reference the word "treasure" in 2 of the first 3 clues?  I'm thinking that there is a reason behind that.  Couple that with "ease" and "ice" and it's steering me to a particular park that would be "fresh" and "out of the dark."

Eicemann

I think you're on the right track.  "the path that leads to a bath" = a road or trail that directs you toward a lake or river