Re: Found?

Aaron Smith

Yeah, 2008 was bad and then they pinpointed it off in the 11th clue. For the last 6 years or so, I've been convinced the PP has a database of clues 2-5 that are designed to generally fit near the river and then they are tweaked a bit to fit the specific location the medallion is hidden in.  I think the strategy really avoids an early find like in 2007 or 2015. If you think it is hidden near the river, your instincts take you away from places like White Bear or New Brighton. With how unique a park like Silverwood is, we should have all known it was there a lot sooner.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 12:13 PM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Oh, I hated those 2003 clues. Worst ones ever except maybe for 2008 I think it was, the year it was at Indian Mounds.

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:05:09 PM CST, Aaron Smith <arsmith2002@...> wrote:

I thought the same thing as David. I figured it was off of the path and across the street from the Forest Bathing Trail, and that they would explain the "far away" piece just meaning it was not hidden off of that specific path or trail. I keep on thinking they are going to hide it in the woods again, like when they started that pattern in 2003 at Como, which had the most misleading clue in history in my opinion: "Standing here, you can see, so clear A view of our Capitol dome."

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 9:55 AM Ben <hazelmn@...> wrote:
Just a couple random thoughts:
-the distance to the forest bath trail was by far the most controversial clue from what I’ve heard.  I just wanted to note that the clue is “far from the path that leads TO the bath” - so this is actually the path to the beginning of the trail in my opinion which is closer to the park entrance and not the one across the street from the lot.  Not a massive difference in distance but I think it holds some significance
-agree in general clue 9 was not great but talking to the finders at the park they seemed to think this clue confirmed their spot for multiple reasons, including tempo=flow (overflow lot), and “take a break” = park aka parking lot.  Whether or not that was the intent of the clue it’s hard to argue that it didn’t do it’s job!

Fun hunt all around this year, was great to see so many people in Silverwood over the weekend of clues 6-8.  See you all next year!

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 9:39 AM Allison Wonderland via groups.io <AllisonWondrland=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe I'm just more used to it, like the time it was at Cherokee and they said the treasure was "due east" of something when it was actually due south. I have to admit, when I saw it say far from the trail, my first thought was "so probably not very far from the trail".

Clue 9 was largely indecipherable except for that I know of one person who did, and she is even in this group (Jennifer). But Clue 9 is almost always really hard and generally useless if you already know the park. So again, maybe I'm just used to it and am judging it on a curve.

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 09:31:14 AM CST, Eicemann via groups.io <eicemann7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I respectfully disagree.  You question the use of "fresh." I object to the use of "park" to reference a parking area; and not even an actual defined lot.
The explanation for Clue #3 absolutely does not direct the reader to the hiding spot, which is practically adjacent to the forest bath trail and not at all FAR from it.  It is misleading at best; a flat out lie at worst.
And tell me that even an accomplished clue-writing savant like yourself could ever decipher Clue 9  That one is just a ridiculous waste of vowels and consonants.