Re: Clue #3

Allison Wonderland

I didn't know this as I hadn't seen the movie and it's been forever since I read the book, but according to "the Google" the phrase "old sport" is indeed connected to the Great Gatsby. F. Scott Fitzgerald lived with his parents for a summer at 599 Summit Ave. but it's at least 3 blocks to a park. I do remember the East Egg/West Egg thing in the book so maybe a reference to the East and West picnic grounds at Como? Bit of a stretch though.

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 03:25:05 PM CST, Mike Flipp via groups.io <flippstermn@...> wrote:

No time, old sport, to play and cavort.
Pursue the grail with your schemes!
Out at night? Then follow the light
To cross the way to your dreams.

No Time - Past Time / Old Sport = Baseball = Americas Favorite Pastime
Purse the grail ( The treasure ) with your schemes (noodling)  Also grail may = G rail or Green Rail
Out at night - Night games at CHS field, then follow the light - Light RAIL - Green line? to downtown St. Paul
to CROSS, railroad crossing, light rail crossing, the way to your DREAMS, field of DREAMS. Baseball Movie.
St Paul Saints are the new Triple AAA team of the TWINS, its a BIG DEAL folks...just sayin'

Drops the mic

And still has all 10 in Battle Creek, LOL ....But I digress

Flippster

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 12:01:47 AM CST, Allison Wonderland via groups.io <allisonwondrland@...> wrote:

Here is the new clue:

No time, old sport, to play and cavort.
Pursue the grail with your schemes!
Out at night? Then follow the light
To cross the way to your dreams.

And here are the previous clues:

Clue #2

Stay away from links and risky hijinks.

Disturb not ground, tree or trail.

Don’t wait for last clue to know what to do;

This year you’ll figure or fail.

Clue #1

Be it turmoil endemic or global pandemic

It’s been a tough year for us all.

So rather than punt, we renewed this year’s hunt:

Join us, it’ll be a ball!

Don’t be odd, stay in your pod.

Keep six feet away from strangers.

Wear a mask when on your task