Allison Wonderland 2020 Mock Hunt - Clue #8

Allison Wonderland

Today, if you haven't heard, the governor gave a "stay at home" order, though it will not take effect until late Friday night. Consequently I think the best thing to do at this point is to aim to have the hunt over before then. Consequently I am making a slight change and starting tomorrow will move to two clues a day.
  • This is Clue #8.
  • Clue #9 will be Thursday at 8am.
  • Clue #10 will be Thursday at 5pm.
  • Clue #11 will be Friday at 8am
  • Clue #12, if it comes to that, will be Friday at 5pm.
And then hopefully it will be found Friday before midnight. I realize the order isn't terribly different from what we've already been doing and it still allows people to be outdoors at a park. However I think we should honor the spirit of it and not exclude any hunters who plan to honor the spirit of it from finding the medallion. So this is the plan. As usual, when in the park, try to stay at least 6 feet away from other hunters, avoid touching surfaces others may be touching, and ideally wear gloves. Stay safe!

Clue #8
These times are scary, a load to carry,
Yet there is no rigging of the results.
Will you stand whining? Be a star shining?
It’s a lot better to act like adults.
And the previous clues:
Clue #7
Not at work all day? Find places to play.
Although this is a game where you don’t touch.
Contact is taboo. Whatever you do,
Leaving yourself on the sidelines is clutch.
Clue #6
If sick, but not sure, you still want the cure.
Also keep plenty of water nearby.
Still no discovery for a recovery
But a marginal treatment gets you by.
Clue #5
There’s plenty of land you’ll find near at hand
But crossing the street is quite forbidden.
Stay near to some trees and watch your step please
Or you might stumble on where it’s hidden.
Clue #4
A secretary most necessary,
The second time through there would be less dross.
For a time but brief he became the chief,
But you’ll still find him under the same boss.
Clue #3
The Postal Service might make you nervous
But lots of letters are a useful aid.
How many needed if unimpeded?
Somewhere above forty you’ll have it made.
Clue #2
Find this bit of lore about forty-four,
By looking at pre-Columbian times.
An endearing site will help set you right
And give direction to these little rhymes.
Clue #1
Whether snow or no, this hunt is a go.
Fresh air and sunshine will do you much good.
To dodge the virus is most desirous
So wash your hands, not just because you should.

You should break your stride, and go catch a ride
To a place of numeric harmony.
Now Saint Paul’s a Twin, but the code to win
Is to call the place a solo city.