N0NBH Solar-Terrestrial Data panel for the Linux desktop

Russ, KC7MM

On the Linux User Net last Monday, I mentioned that there's an application that displays the Solar-Terrestrial Data panel on a Linux desktop.

The project is named CQRPROP, and is located here. There's a PPA for users of Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 and 18.10. That worked fine on my Linux Mint 19 installation, but failed when I upgraded to 20. So, I followed the instructions to install from source, and everything went well. Since I installed this, the first thing I see every day when I boot up is the current propagation conditions, which are automatically updated through the day.

Be sure to check here to select the style of panel you want.

roy murray

HI Russ,

Very nice! I love it when I install something and it actually works. :-)

Roy - KI7PKL