Linux logging programs besides CQRLOG

Bob Recny

Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Linux logging programs besides CQRLOG. While that looks to be decent, I was curious if there is anything closer to Log4OMNG on Windows or RumLogNG on Mac. I really like the map options. While FT8 may seem like a bunch of unnamed contacts, it's a really cool geography lesson to see each station location that I work.

Also, assuming CQRLOG is the best way to go, does it handle UDP messaging (sorry, I haven't had a chance to RTFM yet)? I'm using Hamclock on a RPi 400 that currently takes the WSJT-X feed and displays the contact on its map there. I just can't zoom in and out of that particular map.

Thanks & 73,
Bob / N8SQT

roy murray

Hi Bob,

I use CQRLOG as to some extent, and I really like it. The only reason I don't use it as much anymore is because I wrote my own logging/automation app. But mapping features are pretty lacking. For general station logging, though, I would recommend it.

Roy - KI7PKL

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, Bob Recny <n8sqt@...> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm curious if anyone has any experience with Linux logging programs besides CQRLOG. While that looks to be decent, I was curious if there is anything closer to Log4OMNG on Windows or RumLogNG on Mac. I really like the map options. While FT8 may seem like a bunch of unnamed contacts, it's a really cool geography lesson to see each station location that I work.
>
> Also, assuming CQRLOG is the best way to go, does it handle UDP messaging (sorry, I haven't had a chance to RTFM yet)? I'm using Hamclock on a RPi 400 that currently takes the WSJT-X feed and displays the contact on its map there. I just can't zoom in and out of that particular map.
>
> Thanks & 73,
> Bob / N8SQT
> _._,_._,_
>
> _._,_._,_

Bob Recny

Thanks Roy!
I'll give it a whirl once I set up my main laptop for dual boot. (It's still on Win11.)
I also found this one: https://www.magicbug.co.uk/cloudlog/
Looks interesting, and it looks like it's free if you self-host. I don't think rig control is there yet, though.
Lots of Linux Radio projects queuing up ;-)
73,
Bob