Re: Installing Linux on a Chromebook

Russ, KC7MM

Bob, the firmware from mrchromebox.tech is what GalliumOS relies on, and is what I installed. It does indeed allow for any Linux distro to be installed. I went with GalliumOS to see how it works. I also had read of people having trouble with other distros' lack of support for things such as touchpads and sound, so I wanted to take advantage of whatever Chromebook optimizations Gallium might have. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far.

Interesting to hear you have three conversions in the shack. What do you use them for?

-Russ, KC7MM

Join the-linux-user-net@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.