Topics

Unusual Synchronome

Jan van Harten

Hi All,

I got this request for information from an American collector friend.
Jan

wp.clockdoc.org

I recently sold a 3/4 sec beating Synchronome on ebay to a California buyer and I have a question regarding the pallet gathering.

The clock has an unusual arrangement in that the jewel is mounted on a spring instead of the usual gathering  wire and jewel arrangement.
The impulse pallet has never been drilled for the wire arrangement and it appears to be completely original. I've owned the clock for more than 40

years. I vaguely remember seeing the same arrangement on an early Synchronome perhaps 30 years ago; I cannot remember where I saw this clock,.
I think at the Portobello market in London. I've attached a photo of the arrangement and I'd like to know what you think. I ran the clock for some time after I purchased it and as I remember it ran well.

John Hubert

The triangle movement Synchronome has the jewel mounted on a small piece of spring.

On 20 Oct 2019, at 10:52, Jan van Harten <JANVANHARTEN01@gmail.com> wrote:

--3iTfOGmuADyhQKkVIDOq

Hi All, I got this request for information from an American collector frien=
d.
Jan wp.clockdoc.org

I rec ently sold a 3/4 sec beating Synchronome on ebay to a California buy=
er and I have a question regarding the pallet gathering. The clock has an u=
nusual arrangement in that the jewel is mounted on a spring instead of the =
usual gathering=C2=A0 wire and jewel arrangement.
The impulse pallet has never been drilled for the wire arrangement and it =
appears to be completely original. I've ow

John Hubert

Triangle movement Synchronome jewel