Topics

Synchronome - Distribution Board

Andy Barclay1

I have had this distribution board for a few years. I believe it is in working order but I have no idea how to power the board or supply it with a pulse.  I have synchronome Master with a few attached dials and a stadium synchronome all working but not within easy reach of the board, so I would needs some sort of pulse generator for the board.

Can anyone in the group supply instructions on how I can power this board... Thanks

wwwrogerj.codotuk@...

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Frank Galioto <frank@...>

Andy Barclay1

Roger

It is a JPG file double click and it should open for you.

Regards

Andy Barclay

From:        "wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk@...>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 16:52
Subject:        Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Synchronome - Distribution Board
Sent by:        synchronome1@groups.io

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

Rob

Hi Andy,

I have tried to open it but also had problems, I tried opening it off the email and also downloading onto my Google drive but both ways failed.

Regards

Rob

From:        "wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 16:52
Sent by:        synchronome1@groups.io

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

Andy Young

I had problems as well!

From:        "wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 16:52
Sent by:        synchronome1@groups.io

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

Andy Barclay1

Folks

For some reason the attached file has lost its extension.

I have attached again to the reply

Regards

Andy Barclay

From:        "Rob" <rob.lockyer2009@...>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 19:26
Sent by:        synchronome1@groups.io

Hi Andy,

I have tried to open it but also had problems, I tried opening it off the email and also downloading onto my Google drive but both ways failed.

Regards

Rob

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019, 19:15 Andy Barclay1 <andy_barclay@... wrote:
Roger

It is a JPG file double click and it should open for you.

Regards

Andy Barclay

From:
"wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
To:
synchronome1@groups.io
Date:
17/02/2019 16:52
Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Synchronome - Distribution Board
Sent by:
synchronome1@groups.io

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

Unless stated otherwise above:

Peter Torry

Andy,

That,s better, I can view it now.  It looks like a number of similar units from different manufacturers and I wonder if there is a makers name or any other clues available. Perhaps a picture of the inside would reveal the style of secondary dials used.  I have a G&J six way unit that takes the 30 sec impulse to operate a relay, in my case a double pole double throw octal base type, whose contacts can carry the sum of the loop currents.

As they say a picture is worth many words.

Kind regards

Peter

UK

From:        "Rob" <rob.lockyer2009@...>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 19:26

From:
"wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
To:
synchronome1@groups.io
Date:
17/02/2019 16:52
Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Synchronome - Distribution Board
Sent by:
synchronome1@groups.io

II have adunchronome distibution board and have looked into how it  works and might be able to help..But I can't open the file you've sent..can you re-post it as a .jpg (inage file) or explain how to open the one above..cheers..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

Unless stated otherwise above:

wwwrogerj.codotuk@...

Just as I'd solved it..the answers appeared :-) Does it have 1 or more printed circuit boards inside the cabinet ? Please confirm that the small dials are standard 30 sec steppers...Inside pic would be good..Roger

Andy Barclay1

Detailed photographs of the board.

Regards

Andy Barclay

From:        "wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk@...>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io
Date:        17/02/2019 20:40
Sent by:        synchronome1@groups.io

Just as I'd solved it..the answers appeared :-) Does it have 1 or more printed circuit boards inside the cabinet ? Please confirm that the small dials are standard 30 sec steppers...Inside pic would be good..Roger

Unless stated otherwise above:

wwwrogerj.codotuk@...

Unfortunately it's totally different fronm the distro board I have..However I'll try a guess..

It looks like you have to choose a battery voltage high enough to deal with the loop with the maximum number of dials...If you don't plan to run a loop on any of them, then only a 6 volt battery will be more than enough.

It looks like it's a simple relay system where the relay can be seen in lower right of pic 3..This would be put in the Mclock loopThere's a rheostat alongside the TCC capacitor which can be adjusted to set the current in the master clock circuit..There may also be one in the master clock itself but the additional resistance would be needed if the battery voltage was higher than the M clock rheostat could cope with.
Pretty certain all the other 6 loops (which are individually double pole fused) are connected to the pairs of terminal. The currents in these loops are set individually by the round potentiometers alonside the dial mechs..The 6 volt (or whatever) battery must go the the non-original plastic.choc block

So the current in the master clock circuit would run thru the Gravity arm reset mag, the Mclock's own dial if fitted and the relay in your cabinet...
If you want the disto board dials to also advance (world time indicator :-) you could short the loop terminals or put in a low value resistor...perhaps 3.9 to 10 ohms...I hope you can figure the rest out

Roger..

Peter Torry

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the pictures.  I looks like the input is to the plastic terminals at the top of the case that then drive the relay with transient suppression by the paper capacitor and wirewound resistor.  Each circuit is separately fused and the individual currents adjusted by varying the respective rheostat.  By placing the jack plug into each circuit the current taken by that circuit can be monitored on the meter.  I can't add much more without tracing the circuit around the relay but if you have an queries just let me know and I will try to help.

Kind regards

Peter,    UK

From:        "wwwrogerj.codotuk via Groups.Io" <wwwrogerj.codotuk@...>
To:        synchronome1@groups.io