Topics

Synchronome contacts

bailey.services@...

Hi
What is the correct fix for warn contacts, the contact on the gravity arm is pitted without a lot of meat remaining and on the armature warn down close to the thread. I have not tried the clock and of course other issues may surface but state of points is a concern. Perhaps spares are available!!
Howard

bailey.services@...

Image of warn points

James Meaton

When I worked in the Westbury factory this was a job where you were closely watched as the contacts were platinum.  These were fitted to the items shown on the email and to the momentary push switches on the master clock system distribution boards.  In both cases they were soft-soldered in position from what I recall.
This sure brings back a lot of memories.
The strange (worrying?) thing is even at 74 I still get dreams about the place that often are so realistic viewing details of the factory layout!
James Meaton