Topics

Slave clock mechanism

Ian Lonsdale

Hi all,

Just acquired 3 Synchronome slaves,

Unfortunately in my enthusiasm I didn’t spot that only one of three had an impulse mechanism, the other two being electric

Does anyone have, or know, where I might acquire two 30 second impulse units

Many thanks

Ian Lonsdale

Bob

Hi Ian,
Although there are none today, EBay is worth checking as they come up on there frequently, usually around the £35 mark.

Derek B

Hello Ian,

I can supply two of the late-pattern ‘slim’ Synchronome impulse movements in cases with lids, very similar to the one in your clock.  One has some rust on the case and the connecting flex between the coil and terminals has the insulation melted by careless soldering.  Easily replaced.  The other looks as though it has never been used.  They are Synchronome movements but have been fitted originally into GPO clocks, to work on their system, so have coil and shunt resistances to suit.  The combined resistances are marked as 7.8 and 8.0 Ohms, and test close to those figures.  They have the later 6BA nut minute hand fixing.  The ratchet wheel is fully crossed-out, so the minute hand will need a counterbalance.  I have a couple of hour hands that fit, but unfortunately no minute hands, so you will need to adapt the existing hands to suit.  These GPO movement are very adaptable and will operate with most half-minute series master clocks.

If you consider these will be suitable, you can have them for £10.00 each, including the hour hands, plus postage.  I can send them on approval, and if you can make use of them, then you can send a cheque in payment.

Best wishes,
Derek B.

Sent from Windows Mail