Re Advice on Driving a Slave.......

Chris Wollaston

Hi All, I'd like to mention that I've recently bought an EC4A Slave Clock Impulse Driver from a small private Cambs UK manufacturer which can be ordered from the web at electric-clocks.co.uk  There's a choice of having the driver powered by a battery or in my case I chose the version that requires an external low voltage DC PSU.  At the moment I've got it powered by a v low cost Chinese variable voltage PSU (less than £10 on eBay) and set at around 10VDC happily driving a Synchronome 12inch slave. You can vary the pulse length; 62, 125 or 250ms and pulses every 1 min or 30secs to suit your device, all set up with links inside the driver case. I'm pleased with it especially as my Synchronome master has decided to stop running after a couple of weeks! I could send some pics if req'd? Bests, Chris in E Sussex.