Topics

New clock for Xmas!

Simon Taylor

Edited

Oh yes, whilst others were unwrapping the usual socks, I was taking delivery of a very nice double dial GPO clock 50A complete with bracket! These were usually seen in Post offices during the 1950's-60s.
At some stage in the past, one of the glasses had broken, but distastefully (to me) the original pulse movements had been swapped out for quartz ones. Well, their luck had just run out as complete with tools and a couple of synchronome slave movements, I set to work restoring it back to its previous glory.

I still need a glass, but things are looking more pleasing now!

Simon GPO clocks

James Kelly

Hi Simon

Its looking really good in its new home, and nice to hear you are in the process of restoring it

Keep up the good work

Jim

Simon Taylor

I this works, it will be the first time that I have been able to hit reply and have it work, so here is a celebratory vid of the new clock supping on a pulse or two.

On 27 Dec 2018, at 22:16pm, James Anthony Kelly via Groups.Io <jimfortress@...> wrote:

Hi Simon

Its looking really good in its new home, and nice to hear you are in the process of restoring it

Keep up the good work

Jim

James Kelly

That's a great set up Simon
thanks for sharing

Jim

Ian Richardson

Hi Jim and other fellow clockists,

The link on the invitation didn't work - but I found you anyway.  The link address mis-spells the synchronome bit - it's missing the "1".

Any rode up, it now seems to work, so well done.  Let's look forward to a revival in interest in Synchronomes and associated stuff.

Best regards,
Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

James Kelly

Hi Ian

Glad to see you made it

will be in touch next week about the seconds movement

ATB

Jim

On Saturday, 29 December 2018, 23:36:51 GMT, irichar361 via Groups.Io <irichar361@...> wrote:

Hi Jim and other fellow clockists,

The link on the invitation didn't work - but I found you anyway.  The link address mis-spells the synchronome bit - it's missing the "1".

Any rode up, it now seems to work, so well done.  Let's look forward to a revival in interest in Synchronomes and associated stuff.

Best regards,
Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

Peter Torry

Hi Ian group members,

Pleased that you made it to "the other side" and hopefully Jim will be able to transfer things across eventually.  On another Y group the members copied their information and pasted it to the new site but that rather an arduous task.

On the subject of seconds switches I have a master clock with the Mk 1 (large) switch but the pilot dial is a standard 30s one as the one second output was used to control phonic motors on tape reperforator so there was no need for a seconds dial.

I also have another master with second dial that should have a Mk2 switch, the small rectangular one, so If anyone wished to part with a switch do let me know.

Best wished to all for the New Year.

Peter

On 29/12/2018 23:36, irichar361 via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim and other fellow clockists,

The link on the invitation didn't work - but I found you anyway.  The link address mis-spells the synchronome bit - it's missing the "1".

Any rode up, it now seems to work, so well done.  Let's look forward to a revival in interest in Synchronomes and associated stuff.

Best regards,
Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

Yes.  Can I add my own thanks for moving Synchronome to here.  I have often not posted in the Yahoo group because it was awful.  Hopefully, this group will gain traction and form a useful repository for all of us seeking to keep these clocks running.