IMG_20190108_135352.jpgSome paint would finish that off nicely!

By now, the clock room was becoming full and the Octagonal Bakelite 4A would have to be moved. I still had one peice of glass to get, a minute hand to change and a face to clean up, but the clock would be shortly going to get a good view of the room!

IMG_20190108_135035.jpgWith the bracket up securely, it was time to mount the 50A.

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 23.49.42pm.png
The 4A came down to be given a good place at the end of the room, and having connected up and advanced the clock circuit, I was pleasantly surprised to find that all did indeed work.

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 23.52.32pm.png
After all the clock had been through, it was a real relive to hear and watch it step. It now has a future, being appreciated and maintained for now and for future generations. No less than it deserves!

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 23.55.25pm.png

The person who sold me the clock was interested to know that it would be restored and so I made up a quick video showing it working.

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html

Simon Taylor

The video link did not come through on the copy and paste!
https://youtu.be/15TrCD3zg3k

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html

Ian Richardson

As you will see, such clocks are appreciated by all......

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

(sorry, strictly speaking this is "off-topoic" because neither the clock nor the cat are either electric or Synchronome!)

Tony Nixon

Ian,
At the risk of going even further off topic, do I gather that your door bell is not electric either?

Tony ;-)

On 12/01/2019 10:53, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io wrote:
As you will see, such clocks are appreciated by all......

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

(sorry, strictly speaking this is "off-topoic" because neither the clock nor the cat are either electric or Synchronome!)

Ian Richardson

Correct and well spotted!!  It's a wholly mechanical affair withg a big brass bell pull knob at the front door, wires and bell cranks terminating in a big bronze bell.  Some visitors unfamiliar with the concept still insist on knocking, which we can't hear!!

Back to Synchronomes I think.......

At the risk of going even further off topic, do I gather that your door bell is not electric either?

Tony ;-)

On 12/01/2019 10:53, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io wrote:
As you will see, such clocks are appreciated by all......

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

(sorry, strictly speaking this is "off-topoic" because neither the clock nor the cat are either electric or Synchronome!)

Simon Taylor

"Back to Synchronomes I think…….”:

No you don’t! Not until I get my tuppence worth in that I installed two of these doorbells in the last 10 years using original parts!

Er, what movements you have in the Clock 50?

Simon GPO Clocks

On 13 Jan 2019, at 15:22pm, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io <irichar361@...> wrote:

Correct and well spotted!!  It's a wholly mechanical affair withg a big brass bell pull knob at the front door, wires and bell cranks terminating in a big bronze bell.  Some visitors unfamiliar with the concept still insist on knocking, which we can't hear!!

Back to Synchronomes I think.......

At the risk of going even further off topic, do I gather that your door bell is not electric either?
<ddogjlckoajcccpp.png>

Tony ;-)

On 12/01/2019 10:53, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io wrote:
As you will see, such clocks are appreciated by all......

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

(sorry, strictly speaking this is "off-topoic" because neither the clock nor the cat are either electric or Synchronome!)

<ddogjlckoajcccpp.png>

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html

Simon Taylor

Have enclosed drawing of bracket plate for moggy plinth in case you wish to use a bracket…

This goes inside the clock whilst another with larger holes is usually welded to some sort of bracket that attaches to the outside of the clock.

Simon GPO clocks

On 13 Jan 2019, at 15:10pm, Tony Nixon <aknixon@...> wrote:

Ian,
At the risk of going even further off topic, do I gather that your door bell is not electric either?
<ddogjlckoajcccpp.png>

Tony ;-)

On 12/01/2019 10:53, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io wrote:
As you will see, such clocks are appreciated by all......

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK

(sorry, strictly speaking this is "off-topoic" because neither the clock nor the cat are either electric or Synchronome!)

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html

Simon Taylor

sorry to mulitpost, hit send too fast. I meant the clock bracket is the lower one marked ‘2’.

Simon

On 13 Jan 2019, at 15:33pm, Simon Taylor via Groups.Io <smktaylor1@...> wrote:

[...]

<spl:96.pdf>

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html