Topics

"...had tried to saw it in half." 😢Part 2 🙂

Simon Taylor

This mostly seems to be getting to members, so here is part 2!

The wood glue took ok and next was some filling with one of those fibre plastic wood type products. This sort of went well, but I am not an expert.

IMG_20190102_122005.jpg
A little bit of dark wood stain painted on the filler and things looked somewhat better. I didn't quite get flush finish that I was after, but as more of a 'make do' repair, it will have to make do until such time as a future owner has the skill (NOT SKILLSAW!!!) to refinish it.

IMG_20190102_121201.jpg
At least the structural strength has been increased and from a distance it looks quite good!

IMG_20190102_121248.jpg
The top does not really get seen and after a few coats of polish, it began to look quite acceptable. Hopefully, George had given his approval!

IMG_20190102_122027.jpg

Coming next... Under test plus "Smack it on a bracket"! As a friend from London would say...

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html