From: Odell, Edward
Sent: 13 January 2020 18:41
To: synchronome1@groups.io
Subject: RE: [synchronomeelectricclock] Bulle pendulum

Dear Phil

I have measurements for a Bulle suspension for the large type A clock  that is a bit younger than yours. If anyone suggests they are different, I do have a clock with about the same serial number I could measure, but I think they are all the same, until quite late.

Both ends of the suspension are the same, the brass is 16 mm x 7 mm and 1 mm in thickness. There is a single groove 1.5 mm wide running 0.7 mm inside the long edge on one side piece of each pair only.  The slot is 0.4 mm deep.   This takes a lead strip.  It is difficult to get the dimensions of the lead, if you measure one from an assembled suspension it comes out as 1.4 mm wide and about 0.3 mm thick. However, the lead is supposed to be slightly thicker than this initially and squash onto the ribbon as the suspension is assembled, to grip the ribbon.  I remember being told that the slot was to take lead wire, so it may even have been round before assembly. Perhaps somebody else knows better.   The central hole is 2.5 mm in diameter. I'm afraid I do not have the dimensions for the screws but I remember being told by someone who had made some suspensions that the very short screws of the right size were no longer available, probably why some of the replacements available have been riveted.  The two screw holes are central in the gap between the edge of the brass and the edge of the central hole .  There are two pieces of ribbon, each 6 mm wide.

Eddy Odell