Topics

Beautifully Worn Synchronome London Antique Railway Clock Vintage Circa 1940

This item just appeared on Ebay.

It says fully restored.  When I look at the hands I see a small dome on the minute hand.  The seller says it has a new movement.  Am I correct in suspecting that a quartz battery movement lurks within.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114127356156?ul_noapp=true

Dr Stuart Harrison

The description notes that it has a new mechanism - almost certainly quartz as suggested. Typical antique collectors price!
SH

--
Dr Stuart Harrison,
8, St Michaels Close,

Ian Richardson

Simon,

For "beautifully worn" read "knackered".  With a quartz movement, I wouldn't even accept it as a gift!!

Regards,
Ian R
Macclesfield, UK