From: James Kelly via Groups.Io <jimfortress@...>
To: synchronome1 <synchronome1@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 22:32
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Gents Clock wihats missing?

Hi Ian

That's interesting but the clock I'm buying has is I think the same as yours as it has all the screw holes and markings where the
pricking solenoids would be on the inside base of the clock, I'll know for sure when I pick it up next week'

Will post some better pictures when I get it.

Regards

Jim

On Saturday, 5 January 2019, 18:51:35 GMT, Ian Richardson via Groups.Io <irichar361@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Looking through other records, I find that an "Electric Watchman's Clock" is illustrated in the Gent catalogue of 1886.  It uses a horizontal disc which carries a paper disc which is pricked by electromagnetically operated arms.  It is identical to the one that I have, but I also discovered that in a later (1895) catalogue, they also list one with a horizonral cyndrical drum carrying a paper, and is marked with ink markers.  The clock that Jim was refering to could conceivably have been one of those.

The later types of noctuary use a vertical cylinder, marking with fingers via a typewriter-like inked ribbon.

Best regards,
Ian R
Macclefield, UK