Re: Group Focus

Ian Richardson

Surely there is little point in duplicating stuff.  As Eddy pointed out, there is already a perfectly good, and well supported IO group covering all aspects of electric clocks, including (naturally) Synchronome, and all sorts of others whether commercially produced or experimentally made individual clocks.

Ian R
Macclesfield, UK
(presently in France)

-----Original Message-----
To: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 14:43
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Group Focus

There is also another group
covering other electromagnetic clocks, with members in common between the two
Eddy Odell

From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> On Behalf Of jmfranke via groups.io
Sent: 06 December 2020 13:02
To: synchronome1@groups.io; John Haine <john.haine@...>
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Group Focus

I would very much like to see an expansion such as you suggest.
John Franke
On December 6, 2020 at 4:51 AM John Haine <john.haine@...> wrote:

I wonder if I could make a modest proposal for the focus of this group?  I joined about 2 years ago, moving across from the old Yahoo group, and over the past couple of years have found it very interesting and useful.  I see that the frequency of posting has fallen off a lot in recent months, I'm not sure why this is though there have been distracting things going on in real life! 

I have posted quite a lot about my own clock as I got it built and working - it's now reached the boring phase where it just sits on the wall and keeps time pretty well.  Meanwhile I've built another clock, not on 'Nome principles at all (though it is electromagnetic), and I'm just starting on a third inspired by the Fedchenko EM clock.

So should we broaden the focus of this group to include other EM (pendulum?) clocks, either being made or restored/collected?

Join synchronome1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.