Re: Group Focus

Ken Strauss

I almost never post here (I have little expert synchronome knowledge to offer) but I’ve learned a great deal and I am interested in all aspects of electromagnetic clocks. I heartily second John’s suggestion!

From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Haine
Sent: December 6, 2020 4:51 AM
To: synchronome1@groups.io
Subject: [synchronomeelectricclock] Group Focus

I wonder if I could make a modest proposal for the focus of this group?  I joined about 2 years ago, moving across from the old Yahoo group, and over the past couple of years have found it very interesting and useful.  I see that the frequency of posting has fallen off a lot in recent months, I'm not sure why this is though there have been distracting things going on in real life!

I have posted quite a lot about my own clock as I got it built and working - it's now reached the boring phase where it just sits on the wall and keeps time pretty well.  Meanwhile I've built another clock, not on 'Nome principles at all (though it is electromagnetic), and I'm just starting on a third inspired by the Fedchenko EM clock.

So should we broaden the focus of this group to include other EM (pendulum?) clocks, either being made or restored/collected?