From: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io> on behalf of klopschip via groups.io <klopschip@...>
Sent: 08 October 2020 04:35
To: synchronome1@groups.io <synchronome1@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Beautifully Worn Synchronome London Antique Railway Clock Vintage Circa 1940

It would give sellers a bigger audience if they would offer clocks with the original movement and offer to convert them to quartz if desired. So less work and bigger audience, what more could a seller want?

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 10:53:32 AM GMT+2, Simon Taylor <smktaylor1@...> wrote:

Fashions do come and go and so this £645 repurposed clock could well be worth £0 and a trip to the recycle centre in 10-15 years time.

My main peeve is the sheer number of system clocks which have been 'updated with a modern movement'. This tends to make original clocks rarer and as a result the price of them is creeping up. Fair enough if you just want one as a running wall clock, but the prices of just adding a quartz movement, often with the wrong type/size of hands seem to be just ridiculous.

Here's one of them, even a second hand too!

http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/gpo/clocksystems/index.html