Re: auction syncronome

John Hubert

This type of dial was run from a master with a seconds switch, of which there are two ‘common’ Synchronome types, driven from a small toggle from the pendulum.

Seconds could also be taken from a magnetically operated ‘reed’ type switch, though I have more usually seen that used in later clocks like those used in mains frequency monitoring.

Dials of this type were often supplied with a Shortt type clock for use in observatories.

John

On 6 Jun 2020, at 08:33, Simon Allen <simon.sallen@...> wrote:

A question I have is that since Master clocks gave a pulse every 30 seconds how was this slave controlled?

Simon

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 01:27, john robinson <johnrobinson457@...> wrote:

I'm on lists for synchronomes in auctions, this popped up...

john robinson
mechanician
Senior parachute rigger with 14 saved lives
Land Speed record holder Bonneville Salt Flats
     1981 Dodge Colt H/GCC 144.396 MPH
     1967 BSA Victor 107.371 MPH
USAShooting Air Pistol National Record holder
Ice Core Driller Antarctica and Greenland
Grandpa

--
Simon