Re: putting clocks on forwards or backwards

RICHARD ADAMEK

As a practical suggestion, only the Gents runs permanently so when setting it on I have a couple of bits of foam which normally lay on the floor, I stand one either side of the pendulum bob so as the swing increases they damp any excess out nicely.

It was removed from the local Tech and replaced by quarts clocks, between battery failures, cost, vandalism and theft they collected the whole lot in again and issued only for exams, staff & students own watches catering for all other timekeeping purposes, I suspect many other places did the same.

Best regs

Richard

On Thursday, 10 January 2019, 21:47:43 GMT, Geoff via Groups.Io <urjoking_uk@...> wrote:

I used to have to visit master and slave clock sites and step on or stop for an hour, clock systems. Putting back was easy, just stop them for an hour. However, stepping on an hour was not so easy. With synchronome, the pendulum starts banging the case when you set it to pulse continually. You have to stop then and on some clock systems, you had to manually step the clock on by hand. If you slightly jerked or made an irregular pulse, there would be some clocks out of step! Then you would have to get big ladders to adjust the wrong clocks! Out of interest, what do people do now with lots of quartz clocks around? I presume they have to visit EVERY clock??........The old system was easier wasn't it?