Re: Clock or anemometer?

Bepi

hi  Neil, all fine here thanks, i live by myself in a very large house with a great garden, not much has changed because of the lockdown for me. Impressive how the surroundings wildlife, in our case birds and fish, has moved in as soon as we have retired inside.

About your pendulum my recent experience is that a more aerodynamic and higher density bob made a huge difference in terms of Q, hence on all of the intrinsic noise, and thermal expansion can be easily compensated between rod and bob, at least as far as the slow time scale is concerned. I discovered that it was already so with the cast iron original bob, but nothing prevents from doing the same with lead by changing the bob aspect ratio.

Take care, b.-