putting clocks on forwards or backwards

Geoff

I used to have to visit master and slave clock sites and step on or stop for an hour, clock systems. Putting back was easy, just stop them for an hour. However, stepping on an hour was not so easy. With synchronome, the pendulum starts banging the case when you set it to pulse continually. You have to stop then and on some clock systems, you had to manually step the clock on by hand. If you slightly jerked or made an irregular pulse, there would be some clocks out of step! Then you would have to get big ladders to adjust the wrong clocks! Out of interest, what do people do now with lots of quartz clocks around? I presume they have to visit EVERY clock??........The old system was easier wasn't it?