Re: Magnetic vs gravity impulsing

Ian Richardson

John,

I guess you're right, dynamics will come into it.  I also believe that consistency is the key - if the impulse is always the same then, other things being equal, the arc should remain the same.

From: John Haine <john.haine@...>
To: synchronome1 <synchronome1@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:51
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Magnetic vs gravity impulsing

A good suggestion Ian, which in essence is what I have tried to do.  However I think there may be a difference between the best "static" position and what happens when the system is in motion.  I found that carefully setting up using this method gave an impulse that was too early once the pendulum reached equilibrium amplitude.  You can only see this by making dynamic measurements of pendulum period either side of the impulse.