From: Ian Richardson <irichar361@...>
To: synchronome1 <synchronome1@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 23:04
Subject: Re: [synchronomeelectricclock] Gents Clock wihats missing?

Jim et al,

According to one of Colin Renold's books, "J T Gent & Co" traded from 1872 to 1892 (or thereabouts) when the name changed to "Gent & Company".

I bought my clock in the same condition as yours, Jim, intending to replace the missing parts.  I made the bevel gear, vertical drive, sliding coupling to the disc, disc and disc mounting - all from photos provided by Paul Strickland (at least, I THINK it was him - apologies if it wasn't).  I then stumbled a bit over how to provide the elctromagnetic prickers - and that's where the restoration has stopped!!

Maybe one day......

However, if the price is right, I would certainly go ahead and buy it.

Best of luck,
Ian R
Macclesfield, UK