Re: subscribe

John Hubert

Hi Jim,

Clearly some are (or at least were) confused - which is why I tried to offer a ‘laymans’ explanation!  In the light of that I’m sure you did the right thing.

John

On 30 Jul 2019, at 19:38, James Kelly via Groups.Io <jimfortress@...> wrote:

Hi John

You are correct in that I posted a message on the old Sychronome group hosted by Yahoo hoping to attract a number of people who had recently joined that site, so far I have managed to attract 3 members from the old yahoo site and invited them to join the new group.

I have however also been recieving posts from members of the new group synchronome1@groups.io and can confirm that we are not moving again, this has happened because members arent reading where the message has come from.

I am deleting messages from group.io members asking to be moved as they are already here.

Apologies for the confusion I seem to have caused.

Regards

Jim

On Tuesday, 30 July 2019, 16:35:09 BST, John Hubert <jfphubert@...> wrote:

To those who are puzzled by the change in group host:

Back in December 2018 there was a lot of dissatisfaction with Yahoo and the poor, outdated and cumbersome way Yahoo Groups (overall) operated.  The moderators asked members and several were in other groups with various other group hosts and operators.  The new host selected (Groups.io) was selected based on positive experiences people had had, and our group moderators set up a trial account with groups.io which proved successful.  At that time everyone was asked to join groups.io and links were sent out.

In general the new groups host has been a success and several interesting topics and discussions have subsequently been active.

I think Jim Kelly and Andy now (as moderators) is doing a ’sweep up’ to ensure that everyone has ‘got the message’, since I assume he has noticed some have dropped by the wayside.

Please do (moderators and other members) correct me if I have any of the above wrong.

John